1st T20 Australia v India 4/12 in Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read an article saying severity of concussion confirmed by Jadeja being ruled out of other games.
Wouldn't that be because of the hammy???

Trying to save face let’s be real

The Indians are so superior and pure they would never cheat, but of course those Aussies (who are all convicts) cannot be trusted!!
Plenty of Aussies see themselves as globalists and find it very uncomfortable in criticizing third world countries.

These same people hate on Australia for any minor indiscretion, yet turn a blind eye when teams have a win at all costs mentality when playing against Australia.

As much as India's sub annoyed me somewhat, consider the alternative...

People are basically getting pissy because they wanted India to basically play with a man down. Not exactly the finest sportsmanship.

I think there are some reasonable questions to be asked around whether the substitution is legitimate, ie did a doctor confirm it? Why wasn't he examined after the hit? But assuming that's all in order... who cares? The Aussies imploded all by themselves. India posted a very getable total, and Finch and Short started by trying to blast every ball out of the ground. Noone really seemed to adjust to the conditions. It was brainless cricket.

Was this the worst coaching performance of JL's career?

You bring in one of the most in-form domestic batsman (Wade) of the last few years (in long and short form) who opens and plays at 3 in the BBL. You name him at 3 and then become so obsessed with the right/left combination that you don't bring him in until 6 when the game has almost slipped away entirely.

I wouldn't have thought so.
The batting lineup is determined by the captain with input from the coach.
Wade was never going to bat in front of Smith.

The big problem was picking Short when we could've opened with Wade.
Shorts innings really hurt us.
Add Abbott and you have 2 genuine spuds in the side.

Replacing Warner with Short was always going to hurt us.
Should not have played Abbott, picked another bat and had Maxwell bowl IMO.

Australia have been a model citizen for two years now and we were getting along with India like a house on fire! India decided to betray our trust in an act of treachery, but we must not stoop to their level!

As much as India's sub annoyed me somewhat, consider the alternative...

People are basically getting pissy because they wanted India to basically play with a man down. Not exactly the finest sportsmanship.

I think there are some reasonable questions to be asked around whether the substitution is legitimate, ie did a doctor confirm it? Why wasn't he examined after the hit? But assuming that's all in order... who cares? The Aussies imploded all by themselves. India posted a very getable total, and Finch and Short started by trying to blast every ball out of the ground. Noone really seemed to adjust to the conditions. It was brainless cricket.
To your first point, if it were to be considered "fair" then the player who gets injured must play-on to the best of the injured capability. Concussion is the only injury that allows a substitution, so it's new and seems "unfair" at a minimum that the person gets replaced. Both Jadeja and Chahal were the best players in the game in the batting and bowling innings of India, respectively, so together they were better than they were alone for sure.

If the concussion sub was legitimately used then nobody should have a problem with it because the rules are written to achieve that and both teams agreed to those rules before the game(s) start. The only question is whether it was legitimately used.

To your first point, if it were to be considered "fair" then the player who gets injured must play-on to the best of the injured capability. Concussion is the only injury that allows a substitution, so it's new and seems "unfair" at a minimum that the person gets replaced. Both Jadeja and Chahal were the best players in the game in the batting and bowling innings of India, respectively, so together they were better than they were alone for sure.

If the concussion sub was legitimately used then nobody should have a problem with it because the rules are written to achieve that and both teams agreed to those rules before the game(s) start. The only question is whether it was legitimately used.
I saw Henriques say he thought the sub was reasonable but questioned whether it was a like for like swap.

Youd take the win.

Its akin to free kicks in footy. Shuey "ducks" and gets a free, eagles fans cheer. In the same game Selwood does it, eagles fans baying for blood
There’s a difference between an umpiring decision made in the heat of the game and a calculated attempt to cheat to gain a strategic advantage.

Did you approve of the Sandpaper attempt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have thought so.
The batting lineup is determined by the captain with input from the coach.
Wade was never going to bat in front of Smith.

The big problem was picking Short when we could've opened with Wade.
Shorts innings really hurt us.
Add Abbott and you have 2 genuine spuds in the side.

Replacing Warner with Short was always going to hurt us.
Should not have played Abbott, picked another bat and had Maxwell bowl IMO.
Agree Abbott is nowhere near an international number 7. Could’ve easily got away with maxi Moises and short bowling 4 overs between them.

Our team now looks really thin without Finch, Carey should now open though.
People will laugh at this but I think Australia should look to some of these guys in the middle order: Lynn, Head, Turner and Coulter-Nile as someone who can be the fifth/forth bowler but can also put on runs at the end of the innings.

Last year ashes 2nd test, steve smith was replaced by Labuschagne for the 2nd innings due to concussion. Labuschagne ended up scoring 59 runs in the 2nd innings while Facing a 100 balls helping draw the test.

good to see india using dirty australian teams cheating tactics against them.

Last year ashes 2nd test, steve smith was replaced by Labuschagne for the 2nd innings due to concussion. Labuschagne ended up scoring 59 runs in the 2nd innings while Facing a 100 balls helping draw the test.

:drunk:

Deadset.

This is a comparison only an idiot would make.

What do we think the team will be tonight? I think we were a batsman short last game. Assuming Finch is out I’d say:

Wade (C)
Short
Smith
Maxwell
Labuschagne
Henriques
Carey (WK)
Starc
Zampa
Lyon
Hazelwood

What do we think the team will be tonight? I think we were a batsman short last game. Assuming Finch is out I’d say:

Wade (C)
Short
Smith
Maxwell
Labuschagne
Henriques
Carey (WK)
Starc
Zampa
Lyon
Hazelwood

I like it.
Much better balance with Labs moving back into the middle order, and giving a Wade a crack at the top of the order.

Wade (C)
Short
Smith
Maxwell
Labuschagne
Henriques
Carey (WK)
Starc
Zampa
Lyon
Hazelwood
I think that will be the XI or maybe Swepson in for Lyon. I’d like to see Carey have a go up the top considering how destructive he’s been in the BBL there.

Wade (C)
Short
Smith
Maxwell
Labuschagne
Henriques
Carey (WK)
Starc
Zampa
Lyon
Hazelwood

Short again...you cannot be serious!