1st Test Australia v India, Dec 17-21 at the Adelaide Oval

Australia (probable): 1 Joe Burns, 2 Matthew Wade, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon
India: 1 Mayank Agarwal, 2 Prithvi Shaw, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli (capt), 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Hanuma Vihari, 7 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

No anticipation at all for this Test, just another run of the mill game. Have at it everyone

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Australia (probable): 1 Joe Burns, 2 Matthew Wade, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Travis Head, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon
India: 1 Mayank Agarwal, 2 Prithvi Shaw, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli (capt), 5 Ajinkya Rahane, 6 Hanuma Vihari, 7 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Mohammed Shami, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

No anticipation at all for this Test, just another run of the mill game. Have at it everyone

Will it last more then 3 days,win the toss and bat I would think.Who knows what that ball is going to do in the evening session.

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Australian bowling attack is good, but it's the batting where I think they are lacking. I think Draw or India as the two most likely results, I'd be hugely surprised if Australia can win outright, especially if they lose the toss.

Surprised to see Australia so short in the betting and favorites to win.I agree with you.

Australian bowling attack is good, but it's the batting where I think they are lacking. I think Draw or India as the two most likely results, I'd be hugely surprised if Australia can win outright, especially if they lose the toss.

I think the draw is probably out of the equation unless rain has a significant effect. Both sides have batting question marks but the bowling looks very accomplished. Add in the pink ball doing weird things in the evening session and this match looks likely to feature its fair share of batting collapses. Can’t see the draw coming into it which should make for a good game.

Completely agree with you re the Aussie batting though. Not sure they warrant such firm favouritism; the Indians are well and truly in this.

I think the draw is probably out of the equation unless rain has a significant effect. Both sides have batting question marks but the bowling looks very accomplished. Add in the pink ball doing weird things in the evening session and this match looks likely to feature its fair share of batting collapses. Can’t see the draw coming into it which should make for a good game.

Completely agree with you re the Aussie batting though. Not sure they warrant such firm favouritism; the Indians are well and truly in this.
Whoever wins the toss, I think there's a reasonable chance of seeing both teams bat today.

Draw must be 1,000/1

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jack Wildermuth and Ben McDermott scored tons against most of this bowling lineup, idk what everyone is so worried about.

For those who think a draw is likely, remember it's a pink-ball test and a day-nighter, those generally give the bowlers a good chance. I predict this will be over late on day 4 or early on day 5.

Draws are never likely in modern test cricket unless there is rain

India win the toss and bat. All out for 260 with 15 overs left in the day. Kohli makes 88

Aus end up 3-20 overnight with both openers and the night Watchman (Lyon) out. Labs and Smith bat most of Day 2 making half centuries each. Green gets a respectable 20. Paine out for 5 pulling and Head out for 8 hitting a wide one to backward point. All out for 240 going into the final session.

With a lead of 20, India end up on 7-80 at stumps after a Starc 5 wicket haul.

Day 3 sees India add 30 runs to their score giving Australia a total of 130 leading into the 2nd session. Australia finishes the game before the final session on Day 3, winning by 7 wickets. Burns and Wade both made less than 5 whilst Smith was caught out for 15 with Labs and Head finishing off the innings with 50s each.

MotM: Starc with match figures of 8/90

Let's see how close I am

Woody15

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The great day has finally arrived. Day 1 of the Test summer. I look forward to joining you all throughout the summer.

I'm particularly looking forward to the number of times LukeParkerno1 posts about his dislike for the Marsh brothers and the number of times he posts about a bowler bowling 'pies'.

Apart from that, Australia to win 3-0.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Listening to Smith and Kohli this week talking about how they want a friendly series makes me wanna vomit. For *s sake has Australia become so soft that even the theatre of sport has to be ruined?

When there's no antagonist/protagonist no one wants to watch a movie, in boxing/MMA the best way to gain interest is to have the 2 guys argue and create tension and drama.

Not I'm Australia anymore, just make sure that all the mum's know that everything is cuddly and friendly and no one really loses as long as they have fun 🤮

Seriously, after the game series have as many beers and be as friendly as you want, before that can we atleast pretend they care?

Back