workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I'm the worst person to ask, no idea. Hate 2 match series
It was more a rhetorical question, as I doubt there's a significant reason why they couldn't have had a 3rd test. I agree, 2 match series are the worst - especially against Pakistan who are more than respectable.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Quoted for truth. Would be interesting to find out how dominate home teams are during a test series over a sustained period. I am sure we are not the only country that dominates at home and struggles away.
Weirdly India are the one team who has done well away from home lately. It's a common trend worldwide though, everyone flat track bullies everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard Littlejohn

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there any reason Canberra or Hobart couldn't have had a test?
No reason they couldn't, but CA has negotiated the FTP to only be five Tests a summer. So both are unlikely to ever host a Test again, and certainly not in the next couple of years.

As for this series, Azhar Ali left Australia as possibly the best opener in the world last time. How sme ofmthenother badtmen adjust to the bounce of Australian conditions, traditionally the downfall of sub-continental teams, will go a long way to seeing if they can post scores. And that pace attack looks raw, bound to be prone to a few loose spells at some point.
Australia's batting, at home, won't be terrible. Another false hope series in the making on that front?

Top Bottom