1st Test; Australia v Pakistan @ The Gabba November 21-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Labs has learnt to show the back of the bat in his celebrations... I don't get it. Surely you'd show the face you used to make all the runs signifying that's where the runs came from...

Now 150 and Brayshaw (yes I know, lol) thinks we might have a go before stumps today too.

I guess we'll know when we get to tea.

Suspect Paine and Co, after this start, will only want to bat once, so seriously doubt they are thinking of a declaration today....

Labs has learnt to show the back of the bat in his celebrations... I don't get it. Surely you'd show the face you used to make all the runs signifying that's where the runs came from...
I don't know whether it's still true, but when he first came onto the scene for Queensland he used to write references to Bible verses on the back toe of his bat. Maybe that has something to do with it.

EDIT: Can't find a pic, but found this reference to it:

This is his first century mate, give the bogan a break. He ain't a Rohit Sharma

I just hope Naseem doesn't become morally corrupt like Amir and ruin his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marnus Labuschagne

Sheffield Shield career
Batting - 87 innings, 33.24 average (4 hundreds, 18 fifties, 8 ducks)
Bowling - 50.43 average, 4.05 economy rate, 74.70 strike rate

Test career
Batting - 16 innings*, 44.40 average* (1 hundred, 5 fifties, 1 duck)
Bowling - 32.40 average, 3.76 economy rate, 51.60 strike rate

I still don't quite understand the discrepancy (in terms of how he can be so much better at Test level than in the Shield), but well done to the bloke.

Marnus Labuschagne

Sheffield Shield career

Test career

I still don't quite understand the discrepancy (in terms of how he can be so much better at Test level than in the Shield), but well done to the bloke.
Probably that batting at the Gabba early season, and Qld always play a lot of early season games at home because of the weather is not that easy.

Marnus Labuschagne

Sheffield Shield career

Test career

Think it's a case of Langer pre-empting a big evolution in form, presumably he would have averaged 60-70 in the Shield if he didn't get put in the Test team instead.

I just hope Naseem doesn't become morally corrupt like Amir and ruin his career.

I just hope he's a better player at 26 than he is at 16.

I know improvement and growth as an athlete isn't a steady uphill trajectory, but these young debutants for Pakistan have a habit of floundering and not really improving for years. You'd expect if they're at a competent Test level as teenagers, that they'd still have a fair bit of improvement left, which should make them great cricketers by the time they reach their prime, rather than guys that seemingly peaked early then plateaud.

Marnus Labuschagne

Sheffield Shield career

Test career

Just improvement. Run through his, say, last 25 Shield innings as see how more "current" form stacks up.

Think it's a case of Langer pre-empting a big evolution in form, presumably he would have averaged 60-70 in the Shield if he didn't get put in the Test team instead.

Yeah, nah. Averaging 43.33 from 7 innings (0 hundreds, 3 fifties, 2 ducks) in the Shield this season.

Marnus Labuschagne

Sheffield Shield career

Test career

Gabba shield wickets are cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back