Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sri Lanka Win

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As soon as anyone mentions the “B” word it’s all over. B word being Bradman.

Same thing happened to Ponting when he was averaging about 60 odd, best since Bradman and then it starts to fall away.

Nothing to worry about though, we’ve been privileged to watch Smith for a remarkable period.
We’ve been privileged to watch a succession of all time great Australian batsmen in the last 20 years really.

Ponting passed the baton to Clarke who in turn gave way to the Smith era. Marnus has shown the potential to carry on the mantle after Smiths days are over, but really needs to sort himself out in Asia.

This ground and surrounding area is off the charts. Makes me want to go travel to Sri Lanka for real
The whole series has been a solid tourism advert for Sri Lanka really. Great scenery, great people, great food and great cricket culture. Was tossing up travelling over for this but the food/electricity/fuel shortages they’re copping at the moment put me off.

The whole series has been a solid tourism advert for Sri Lanka really. Great scenery, great people, great food and great cricket culture. Was tossing up travelling over for this but the food/electricity/fuel shortages they’re copping at the moment put me off.
I would hold off if I was you. I was going to do the same thing, as I have friends that live east of Galle and they have had to move to another country because it’s so bad. Such a shame because it’s truly a beautiful country.

My gut says that the day wasn't bad, but it probably should have been so much better.

Those two dismissals at the end of the day were stupid and gave SL some much needed momentum, and I would feel happier if we let SL score 50 runs less. That period with Dickwella going nuts (pun not intended) could come back and bite us.

Hopefully Head fires, but that little passage wasn't encouraging. If he does somehow manage even a 50, we'll surely pass their first innings score. I think a 50-run lead will be required here given how the pitch is already playing - maybe more.

Pretty evenly poised after Day 1.

Our bowling performance is overrated as plenty of assistance for the spinners.

Marnus premeditates shots too much and the Smith run out was such poor cricket.

Think either way it's a tight low score game that's over on day 3.

Spent half the time in the pool near the Grennidge and Haynes stand and the other dancing with the locals. The banter between the two supporter groups was awesome. After Lara hit the boundary to win, the fences came crashing down, and the crowd streamed onto the field, ala when a full forward kicks his 100th for the season. If the Test was played in Australia people would be talking about it as one of the greatest ever. Arm wrestle to the end. Don’t know if Kensington pumps like it used to for Test matches anymore though…
Certainly not like it did back then, I can still remember the moment that ball went flying through the covers as Lara dispatched Gillespie for another boundary: just amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve been privileged to watch a succession of all time great Australian batsmen in the last 20 years really.

Ponting passed the baton to Clarke who in turn gave way to the Smith era. Marnus has shown the potential to carry on the mantle after Smiths days are over, but really needs to sort himself out in Asia.
To my knowledge, Marnus has never played in Asia outside of our tour of Pakistan and the present.

I hate it when guys declare themselves fit and they are clearly not 100% fit.
Isn’t that the sole purpose of having a fitness staff, though? A batsman is never going to rule himself out if he’s an incumbent and there’s the chance he could lose his spot.

Just saw the Smith dismissal. Wasn't LBW, he said no straight away but then looked and saw the ball miles in space with no one near it and said yes and went, Khawaja goes and he 100% makes it, because Smith was three quarters down and still managed to dive back. Khawaja 100% makes that.

Poor anyway. And not a great shot from Marnus either.

Warners to be fair, was a pretty good ball, everything else turned and that didn't. It actually moved the other way.

Just saw the Smith dismissal. Wasn't LBW, he said no straight away but then looked and saw the ball miles in space with no one near it and said yes and went, Khawaja goes and he 100% makes it, because Smith was three quarters down and still managed to dive back. Khawaja 100% makes that.

Poor anyway. And not a great shot from Marnus either.

Warners to be fair, was a pretty good ball, everything else turned and that didn't. It actually moved the other way.

Yep, bad response to a call but given the choice, I'd rather Khawaja out there still over Smith.

Yep, bad response to a call but given the choice, I'd rather Khawaja out there still over Smith.
Disagree Smith is still imo the best bat in the world with runs on the board and can score in every conditions. Although Khawaja is a very good scorer in the sub continent. I would’ve preferred both to stay out there.. Khawaja ran and then stopped and turned around. Smith also almost got back after being 3/4 the way down and turned around..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back