1st Test Bangladesh v. Australia at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just so, so sick of us wanting to play fast cricket.

Get the runs quick, take the wickets, bowl them them out. Take the most direct route always. Smash the ball; get the runs fast.

The weird thing is it used to be the problem with our batting, but now we've got Hanscomb, Renshaw batting patiently. Now, it's our bowling that it really comes out.

Bowl to get them out, don't bowl to slow things down. It served to ensure that this match became a win/loss situation, when they were winning, a situation for us to save, not to drag out and grind into a win or a draw.

This genuinely irritates the s**t out of me. Why can't we just play boring cricket for a while; if it'll get us a draw where today we lost, without risking not winning, there isn't an issue, is there?
This is what that rubbish 20/20 cricket has done to real cricket.....

Wow just read that if Australia lose the next test they'll drop to 6th in the rankings. When was the last time that happened/have they ever been that low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a 24 hour period of cricket.

It's my wet dream.
Surely there's a thread for people who get excited by an average team (not a country) winning one for a change (Windies),
combined with those who just constantly bag their own country.....

Wow just read that if Australia lose the next test they'll drop to 6th in the rankings. When was the last time that happened/have they ever been that low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries a home series is coming. Warner and the rest of the flat track champions can pound us back to #2 again.

This is what that rubbish 20/20 cricket has done to real cricket.....

I will argue with you but not out of disrespect etc.

I actually think it's a symptom of the way Australia played when they were dominating. 95-2007, they played the same way - but they could, because they were far better.

There has been no attempt whatsoever to alter that though, to adapt.

I actually think it's a symptom of the way Australia played when they were dominating. 95-2007, they played the same way - but they could, because they were far better.

Hence Maxwell's dismissal. First ball after lunch ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't catch as much of this Test as I'd have liked - is the Wade bashing in this thread just the standard post-loss scapegoating (i.e. justified to an extent, but way over the top), or was he particularly bad?

The part in brackets sums it up

Tough conditions for a keeper I thought

Have to 'play their natural game' ...

M Wade should never ever play for this country again.

Can't bat, Can't keep.

Play Neville until A Carey is ready for international cricket.

I agree that Wade should never play for Australia again. He is an embarrassment. The Australian selectors need to pluck a young wicketkeeper from the pack like they did with Ian Healy many years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back