1st Test Bangladesh v. Australia at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith should shoulder most of the blame , for his pathetic use of the bowlers.esp in the first innings when Agar hardly bowled (left arm to rhb
ball going away from batsmen ). Used his NSW mates instead
guess what SOK is exactly the same as Agar, i bet he wont be last on.
Did I not hear Smith say he hadn't picked up a bat for a couple of months a couple of months ago because of the pay dispute? I love the guy as a batsman but he is coming across as a poor leader and a bit of a tosser. Not good enough.

Well done Bangladesh. Great win by them. They are starting to come along nicely.

Shakib is a star.

Did we play a tour match in Bangladesh? Surely a 3 day game against a First Grade side could have been organised.

Will be interesting to see if Bangladesh tour Australia in our summer sometime in future?

Well done Bangladesh. Great win by them. They are starting to come along nicely.

Shakib is a star.

Did we play a tour match in Bangladesh? Surely a 3 day game against a First Grade side could have been organised.

Will be interesting to see if Bangladesh tour Australia in our summer sometime in future?
They will tour and they will be playing their matches in Darwin. The Poms and possibly India are the only team people want to see.
South Africa will only play Tests in November and early December when people are still in Horse racing mode. The rest you wouldn't bother.
Test cricket needs a serious revamp to overcome the advantage of winning the toss. Perhaps they play 100 overs per day with a compulsory closure at the end of each day. If a team collapses then the other team gets their overs.

The money quote (pardon the pun)

Though wary of what he sees as a 'challenging' opponent, Smith conceded there are a few wandering eyes already zoning in on the Ashes.

As contract negotiations between Cricket Australia and players continued to stall during July, there was some doubt cast over the sacred series, but with that all cleared up Smith admitted it's never too early to start preparing for it.

"Normally, I don’t like to think too far ahead but the Ashes are going to sneak up pretty quick," Smith wrote.

They will tour and they will be playing their matches in Darwin. The Poms and possibly India are the only team people want to see.
South Africa will only play Tests in November and early December when people are still in Horse racing mode. The rest you wouldn't bother.
Test cricket needs a serious revamp to overcome the advantage of winning the toss. Perhaps they play 100 overs per day with a compulsory closure at the end of each day. If a team collapses then the other team gets their overs.

I think having the attitude that only England, India and South Africa are worth watching in the Australian Summer is hurting the game. All test sides should tour here. It is how you grow the game.

The toss played absolutely no part in this result. If anything the pitch played better over the last day or so.

Ask David Warner if there were any real gremlins. The bloke hadn't made an away hundred in 3 years or something and he cruised.

Meanwhile in England the visiting team chased 320 on day 5 after losing the toss.

But 'all' his f*** ups is actually just 2 f*** ups isn't it?

If every Australian sportsman with only 2 incidents on their rap sheet were rubbed out, there'd be no one left to watch.

Would have been no cricket played from the 1950's to 1980's

Keith Miller, Dennis Lillee and Doug Walters would have been a fair 3-2-1 votes we wouldn't have seen much of

I think having the attitude that only England, India and South Africa are worth watching in the Australian Summer is hurting the game. All test sides should tour here. It is how you grow the game.

Plus a match at the SCG or MCG with B'desh will get a lot of people coming. A lot of Bangladeshi people live in the big cities and they would love to see their good team playing at test. Exposure to different conditions makes a team a lot better (or grow at least).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but still I hope in the future we pick a keeper first, batsman 2nd.
I think the fact that Wade let through 30 byes in a game we lost by 21 runs shows how much an impact a keeper first batsman second can have.

Nevill was at least as good a batsmen as Wade (actually has a higher first class average than Wade..) but I think everyone can agree he was a much better keeper.

Not one of these guys bagging out my own country but for the sake of test cricket its a great result. Time for cricket Australia to show Bangladesh some respect now.

i would rush Tim Paine over to Banaga as he is clearly the best glove man in the country

A few years ago maybe. I was a Paine fan but his fingers are rooted. He's not the glove man he once was. Not saying he's poor but he's not elite. Such a shame he got injured when he did!

The toss played absolutely no part in this result. If anything the pitch played better over the last day or so.

Ask David Warner if there were any real gremlins. The bloke hadn't made an away hundred in 3 years or something and he cruised.

Meanwhile in England the visiting team chased 320 on day 5 after losing the toss.[/QUOTE

Never said the toss had any influence in this result.....but it does in the majority of matches, like in India, England and in some cases Australia.
Warner has now assured his place in the next three sub continent tours and doesn't have to make a run.

There's no doubt that it has an impact but that has been the case since day dot.

Unless you start playing on carpet it always will be.

What plays a bigger part imo is the lack of flexibility in teams and the lack of willingness to do what it takes to prepare.

Remember the days of Tendulkar spending week after week in the nets, deliberately destroying a patch of rough on leg stump and getting every leggie within 200 miles to bowl to him, in readiness for Warne?

That simply doesn't happen now.
Players use the crowded schedule as an excuse but they shouldn't.

they had an optional training session early in the year and only Maxwell showed up! out of the entire team thats amazing.

Exactly.

Which incidentally goes to show how much playing test cricket means to him.

He played an ordinary shot yesterday but he's one guy who has clearly tried to lift his game.

Exactly.

Which incidentally goes to show how much playing test cricket means to him.

He played an ordinary shot yesterday but he's one guy who has clearly tried to lift his game.

Its great that he wants to succeed but ultimately its about putting runs on the board which Maxy didn't do this test. He had the opportunity to cement his spot for the ashes and didn't.

Shane Watson used to always goto optional sessions, was always working on his fitness. Ultimately he didn't deliver for the team.

Its great that he wants to succeed but ultimately its about putting runs on the board which Maxy didn't do this test. He had the opportunity to cement his spot for the ashes and didn't.

Shane Watson used to always goto optional sessions, was always working on his fitness. Ultimately he didn't deliver for the team.

True, but his technique never changed so I don't know that he was listening too hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back