1st Test: England vs Australia [Match Thread] - Umpiring/DRS in other thread (cont in Pt.2)

Your prediction?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pattinson was terrible with the new ball. Way too short.

Yep. His spell before lunch was good but after lunch with both old and new ball he was horrendous. Starc was very average too. Both so inconsistent

According to Gower, the people who operate Snicko informed Sky that there was no edge recorded from Trott's bat. He made a point of saying that during the commentary.

Irrespective of reviews, I don't think any team (save perhaps Bangladesh!) deserves to be on the end of such a laughable decision or can be said to bring it on themselves. It's not like when Moin wasted time and ensured England won in the dark in Karachi when the Pakistanis deserved what was coming when Thorpe hit the winning runs. It still doesn't excuse poor decision making as a captain though and all sides would be well served to adopt the triple lock process favoured by Strauss when he was skipper.

Of course there was no edge, he ******* smashed the s**t out of it!

Genuinely gutted when I checked the scores this morning. Went to bed when they had a 200 odd run lead and was hoping more than anything that they'd at least be 8 down by stumps. I don't think I've felt as flat this morning as I have for a long time, probably because we were such a big chance to pull off what would've been a remarkable win. Obviously chances are quite slim now. Full credit to Bell and Broad though, irrespective of their luck, they've both shown great temperament out there. Maybe in future posters should refrain from personal insults against opposition players until they've been dismissed.

On Broad, I'm not going to jump up and down saying he should've walked, but with such an obvious dismissal you'd like to hope that players play to the spirit of the game. The 'spirit' v 'laws' argument is such a great one though. Swings and roundabouts.

Man I'd love to have the eyesight these people who are making definitive calls on the Agar stumping have. That was the closest I've probably ever seen, I just kept changing my opinion "nah thats out I reckon, actually I think he might just be in, hmm nah that angle I reckon its out, etc etc" and as harsh as it is to give him not out it is wayyyyyyyy more harsh to give him out.

Oh wow, that was a ridiculously huge edge by Broad, how on earth could a top level umpire actually miss that?
how could someone with the assistance of 100 replays (you) not see that the ball also deflected off Haddin's glove, which is why it went to first slip in the first place....

Pathetic.

Just catching up on some posts from an hour ago bloody hilarious

Australia had 3 howlers in their favour yesterday one goes against them and the umpire has been paid to cheat

That's Gold :D

you gotta admit Eddie, its an ingenious business model. you screw one side for coin. then you offer the side you just screwed the same opportunity to screw the other side and make more coin. double profit!

it
Yeah. A marginal lbw/stumping is exactly the same as a ball flying to slip.

This is the same sort of pathetic attempted justification im reading/hearing all over the uk.
ffs. it went to slip because it hit haddin's glove. that's why dar gave it not out. he thought it only hit haddin's glove. he was wrong. how can you be so blind as to not realise/see this.
* me.

Sleep hasn't really dulled the rage. We didn't use the new ball well and it cost us. Using DRS on lbw's cost us. With umpires call playing such an important role in the way the review goes you can only use it for really bad ones. Maybe they thought with the second one as it was given runs when he clearly didn't hit it that it was a bad decision.

Still... * Dar and Broad. A miracle happened in our first innings we need to believe it can happen again. Rogers is key, I really believe he has the ability to survive and score a big one. A few decent partnerships and this score is not out of reach. The pitch isn't playing up as much as first thought. The new ball is doing less and less. Just need to run through them in the first hour. Get some momentum and belief back. I'm not giving up until our 10th wicket falls.

Yeah because a marginal LBW/stumping is the same as a catch at first slip.

Dont be a dick mate

did not it come off haddin's gloves tho? has not there already been a spinner be rescued for byes by the first slip? and the wearing wicket like a mumbai turner, where the ball is going square... i think one needs to be more accurate with the details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dar thought the deflection was the ball hitting Haddin's gloves and going to first slip. He was right.
However he missed the THIN edge, as umpires often do. The ball did not deflect to first slip UNTIL it hit Haddin's gloves.
Seriously. How can people get away with spitting out such dishonest bullshit and not get pulled up on it.
Thread is a joke really.

Sleep hasn't really dulled the rage. We didn't use the new ball well and it cost us. Using DRS on lbw's cost us. With umpires call playing such an important role in the way the review goes you can only use it for really bad ones. Maybe they thought with the second one as it was given runs when he clearly didn't hit it that it was a bad decision.

Still... **** Dar and Broad. A miracle happened in our first innings we need to believe it can happen again. Rogers is key, I really believe he has the ability to survive and score a big one. A few decent partnerships and this score is not out of reach. The pitch isn't playing up as much as first thought. The new ball is doing less and less. Just need to run through them in the first hour. Get some momentum and belief back. I'm not giving up until our 10th wicket falls.

LOL Australia are done mate, if they go over a 250 lead they are done, don't kid yourself. :)

Dar thought the deflection was the ball hitting Haddin's gloves and going to first slip. He was right.
However he missed the THIN edge, as umpires often do. The ball did not deflect to first slip UNTIL it hit Haddin's gloves.
Seriously. How can people get away with spitting out such dishonest bullshit and not get pulled up on it.
Thread is a joke really.

THIN? He whacked the cover off it (must say in Bumble or Geoffrey voice).

At the end of the day England are too good and will win this test comfortably ,look on the bright side I suppose things are falling into place ,we have a good pace bowling attack as good as almost any in the world ,we've now got Agar ,to go with Clark ,Watson and probably Hughes we just need to find another 4 test standard players (batsmen) and we can be in with a show again.

I don't think the game is over like some are saying. Anything under 300 is possible. Broad has a sore shoulder, Finn is very inconsistent and leaks runs. Anderson is dangerous and Swann will be too, but if Australia can bowl them about before lunch, 300 to get across 5 sessions isn't impossible.

inb4 some replies with "Have you seen our top order?"

Agree with Michael Holding - as neutral as there could possibly be.

Broad should be banned.
Dar should be fired.

If England win, ICC should call it null and void.

Yeah cancel The Ashes. Let's not bother anymore.

How did you feel when India didn't want to use DRS? Or when they were ready to pack their bags and go home when they weren't getting decisions go their way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back