1st test team of the summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back at home on quick, hard decks. We'll be right.

Warner
S Marsh
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
Nevill
M Marsh
Pattinson
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Dean
M Marsh
Burns
Ahmed

Nevill is an excellent Keeper, Wade is probably second option and a much better batsman but his keeping isn't as good. Because Nevill's batting hasn't come on, it makes it really difficult to play an all-rounder as most of our all rounders are bowling all-rounders.

We need an opener who is really tough to get out. Warner's job is to be risky and go for it and when it comes off we are extremely hard to beat. We still haven't replaced Rogers who was ideal.

That lineup just looks shallow in the batting.

FWIW Wade isn't a much better batsman than Nevill. Both have played significant FC cricket and both have nearly identical averages and SRs.

1. Warner
2. Bancroft
3. Smith
4. Khawaja
5. Handscomb
6. Wade
7. M. Marsh
8. Pattinson
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

FWIW Wade isn't a much better batsman than Nevill. Both have played significant FC cricket and both have nearly identical averages and SRs.
Wade has more runs in less tests than Nevill.

Wade still can't keep for s**t so there is that
I don't think he should be in the side, but he is definitely a better bat than Nevill.

He's another one who has been talking about how difficult the pitches are. Do they think that makes them sound better players as they are winning the series? I don't understand the policy of mentioning the pitches all the time.

We've become exactly what we used to give s**t to the Indians for.

Warner
S.Marsh
Smith
Voges
Handscomb
Wade
Faulkner
Strac
Pattinson (assuming fit)
Hazelwood
Lyon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to get over this picking a batsman as a keeper. We have been a better side with Nevill in than Wade.
I'm not disagreeing with the first part, but that wasn't my point.

I would be giving Whiteman the gloves tbh.

He's another one who has been talking about how difficult the pitches are.
To be fair, a difficult pitch to this lot, is one where the ball doesn't go just straight on

Anyone without S Marsh in the side is crazy. Without a doubt one of the country's top bats. Weather that's sad or not I don't know, but he has to be in the side

Pretty sure guys with FC averages of 40 aren't bunnys….

Nevill's FC average is 38.55, heavily boosted by a large percentage of not outs. His FC record looks a lot less sexy when you realise he actually averages 31.67 runs per innings, and just 68.59 balls faced.

That being said, Wade's record isn't much better, with a 39.50 / 32.47 / 66.36 breakdown for him.

Anyone without S Marsh in the side is crazy. Without a doubt one of the country's top bats. Weather that's sad or not I don't know, but he has to be in the side

If he stays fit. Problem is he's injured again. I have severe questions when we play both of them whether they will break down. It is a shame but it is true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back