Ongoing Test match XI speculation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont really care if Pucovski doesnt play as Burns has done well his last go at test cricket. Yes Pucovski has made runs but those games have been played on absolute roads - would be nice to see, if he doesnt get picked, to go back and score some more shield runs on some pitches that arent roads........oh thats right, shield cricket doesnt go back for ages......something about hit and giggle cricket getting in the way

The lack of shield cricket being played is perplexing
It's really not. The dates were planned when state borders and quarantine periods were up in the air. At some point, you just have to pick some dates and run with it, even if it means they are less than ideal.

It's really not. The dates were planned when state borders and quarantine periods were up in the air. At some point, you just have to pick some dates and run with it, even if it means they are less than ideal.
OK

Pucovski is the future of Australian cricket (along with Green). Why you would delay his elevation to the side when in form for a decent cricketer at best in Burns befuddles me.
That isn't even in form either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, i said he deserves a crack but if inst selected isnt such a big deal as burns test record was good the last time he got a crack at it.

Burns was serviceable but the word "good" wouldn't be what I call his test record.

Pucovski is the future of Australian cricket (along with Green). Why you would delay his elevation to the side when in form for a decent cricketer at best in Burns befuddles me.
because he is a protege who knows how to wield a bat and well he is a victorian.. been said and done I know but well we'll wield the staff of perfection and determination until he is rightly knighted to his rightful position.. number three or four.. that'll do me..

Cool, i said he deserves a crack but if inst selected isnt such a big deal as burns test record was good the last time he got a crack at it.

The bloke who made 4 on the flattest pitch and against the worst bowling attack seen in Australia?

He started off the summer on fire, one good innings, everyone says the hunt for an opener is over and he barely made a run after that.

Had the benefit of coming in for the Aussie summer only and hardly dominated. Not a good starting point if you expect him to do well overseas and against non minnows

How much does his previous mental health come into it?
How much does your previous mental health come into asking such a scumbaggy question?

Current mental and physical health is what matters, and it's constantly monitored for all players because nobody is invulnerable. Pretty ******* simple.

I must have missed the game where QLD played against Victoria on the roads the Vics have played on. Dont think anyone can disagree that the Vics have played on roads in both games.

Burns played on enough flat wickets...Pierson even made runs in them and Nesser made a ton!

How much does your previous mental health come into asking such a scumbaggy question?

Current mental and physical health is what matters, and it's constantly monitored for all players because nobody is invulnerable. Pretty ******* simple.

I don't think Cricket Australia is as woke as you might like to believe and I have strong suspicions that they put a lot of stake in their tough guy image, big tough blokes questioning whether he is capable of standing up to the pressure of opening for his country or if he would crack under the Indian sledging.

I think they make out like they are progressive but are full of the same old school "tough up mate" old boys they have always been.

So cool your jets, I'm not taking a stab at him here, I'm having a go at them.

It's not a scumbaggy question. You wouldn't question a football team being more cautious with a player who's done a hammy multiple times than with one who has done a hammy once or never at all. If we are normalising mental health in the same way we consider any health issues, then it's a consideration; you can't have it both ways.

Then there's the simple fact that while we endeavour to accommodate people with mental health issues, elite professional sport is not the same as your regular nine-to-five job.

None of us know his personal circumstances and neither should we, but his employer would and should.

It's not a scumbaggy question. You wouldn't question a football team being more cautious with a player who's done a hammy multiple times than with one who has done a hammy once or never at all. If we are normalising mental health in the same way we consider any health issues, then it's a consideration; you can't have it both ways.

Then there's the simple fact that while we endeavour to accommodate people with mental health issues, elite professional sport is not the same as your regular nine-to-five job.

None of us know his personal circumstances and neither should we, but his employer would and should.
Great post mate.

I don't think Cricket Australia is as woke as you might like to believe and I have strong suspicions that they put a lot of stake in their tough guy image, big tough blokes questioning whether he is capable of standing up to the pressure of opening for his country or if he would crack under the Indian sledging.

I think they make out like they are progressive but are full of the same old school "tough up mate" old boys they have always been.

So cool your jets, I'm not taking a stab at him here, I'm having a go at them.
Stop making baseless accusations, regardless of the target, and then I'll cool my jets. How about that.

I wouldn't bring it up unprompted, either. Is Pat Cummins' back an ongoing cause for consideration? Or Steve Smith's concussion issues? Or Nathan Lyon's spinning finger? Or the mental health of every player? Yes, but for some reason we're singling one person out, despite it not being raised as a selection issue by any CA official in the media.

Rubbish post mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back