Past Alex Johnson - thank you for all your service, delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said a few weeks ago , it's still uncertain . There could be a Melbourne club that might give him ago .
If that does eventuate (and obviously it would be a distant second in everyone's mind as an option after continuing on with the Swans), I really hope they let him play his first senior game up here!

Part of me hopes the club can find a spot for him on the list for just one more year, to give him one final chance to play seniors again. But I understand if it's not meant to be.

I know they are, but Alex might want to come back to Melbourne if he can't see senior footy.
That’s fair enough, will be interesting to see what plays out and the conversations around that! This is just me hypothesising but it would appear that they think senior opportunities are a possibility with a full and arduous pre-season behind him. You just don’t keep ‘fit’ players on the list to make up the numbers as they all get drafted with the intention to play AFL football.

Nothing yet (Unless people have inside knowledge). We should find out before the first list lodgement on Tuesday 31 October, 2pm.
It would be so sad if let AJ go. We really owe it to him to give him a chance with a full pre-season behind him. Even if it is just on the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I like and respect him as a player, IMO no other AFL club is going to take the risk on him

Clubs are so conservative with list spots these days (take a look at the delistings in the last week) that there's simply no chance that they'd risk even a rookie spot for a guy after 5 knee recos

Officially off the senior list, a chance of being rookie listed.

"
Premiership player Alex Johnson has been told he will not be offered a place on the Club’s primary list next season, however the Swans will strongly consider redrafting Johnson as a rookie subsequent to a medical and conditioning assessment prior to the rookie draft.
"

hopefully he's still structurally sound. A full preseason and he can prove himself and we have a full list spot for someone to get upgraded. balls now back in Alex's court which is fair for both parties. All the best with whatever eventuates for him.

Officially off the senior list, a chance of being rookie listed.

There must be a DFA we are going to sign. I can't imagine that we would use our 4th pick this year.

On the AJ side of things, its sad as AJ couldn't cut a break but If the club think that it is the best way forward I completely back them. I am glad that we got him to a state where he could at least run again and helped him through the whole rehabilitation process.

If he's rookied then it makes sense.

If he's not, then it brings in to question why he was retained for 2017 in the first place. Did we expect him to do more than slowly return through the NEAFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back