Past Alex Johnson - thank you for all your service, delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite he can't see anything wrong . He probably excepts the umpires in 16 and that Macca had a great day.
Woohoo! You explained it!! If I knew that was all I had to do, I'd have started guessing years ago!!!;)

Side note: Do you swear? It will make guessing the 'F's a lot easier if you do! :D

Woohoo! You explained it!! If I knew that was all I had to do, I'd have started guessing years ago!!!;)

Side note: Do you swear? It will make guessing the 'F's a lot easier if you do! :D
What the F are you talking about , or WTFAYTA

What the F are you talking about , or WTFAYTA
Lol! I was sure you were going to have a go at me for being off topic... shows how much I know...

Anyway, thanks for the continuous updates, I love them.

What great spirit.
That's who we want around our club & our youngsters.
You can't recruit that. This boy has it in spades & I'll look forward to seeing him out there in the seniors one day.
Total courage,and a complete role model. But its now a game of dollars and sense. He has to prove himself in order to be considered for a senior berth,unfortunately footy is ruthless and there will always be
someone coming up behind him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his goal is to play one senior game then I hope that he achieves that goal and that will be his absolute drive every time he laces up the boots. If he retires after that so be it. If he changes his goal after that one game to senior games+ even better. Good to hear he is close to resuming after the setbacks.

Total courage,and a complete role model. But its now a game of dollars and sense. He has to prove himself in order to be considered for a senior berth,unfortunately footy is ruthless and there will always be
He'll be ok in the Mardi Gras then

There's room on the rookie list & he said he is happy to be there as long as he thinks he can make it.
He is a rare commodity & there is no room for ruthlessness with such an asset as long as the AFL strike rate in the draft isn't 100% successful, not to mention the higher failure rate in the rookie draft.

Have to take your hat off to the club too. Persisting when even rookie spots are incredibly valuable especially with our success with draftees. Can we persist beyond this year? One line of argument is to suggest that by end of 2018 he would have had 2 full years on the list and had a total of only 9 reserves games to show for it. A lot must depend on balance of 2018 but his fitness post rehab must be down.

The standards of recent NEAFL games makes it difficult for him IMO. Does what he must but doesn't get a touch often. I think they will give him a go in firsts sometime after the bye against lower opposition perhaps GC Suns round 18. That's what I'm hoping
He never did get big numbers but he will improve as his 'match' fitness does (I'd say he's 'generally' fit by the look of those legs).

He never did get big numbers but he will improve as his 'match' fitness does (I'd say he's 'generally' fit by the look of those legs).

The video I saw of him recently he did seem reasonably fit and very composed/ confident in his play. Liked what I saw given only recent return from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back