Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he is gone.

Not really a surprise - he only came in to cover injuries and didn't really do alot, then again he wasn't really a defender either.

Cheers BMac, good luck in the future and I hope someone takes you on.

Pretty disappointed with this decision. Think he played quite well with the chances he was given this year. With his skill set I personally think he should have been given another on the rookie list and allowed to play up the ground a bit more.

Here is another sizzler from the great man!

Best of luck in the future Macca, hopefully you get given another opportunity elsewhere.

Pretty disappointed with this decision. Think he played quite well with the chances he was given this year. With his skill set I personally think he should have been given another on the rookie list and allowed to play up the ground a bit more.

Best of luck in the future Macca, hopefully you get given another opportunity elsewhere.

Clubs can't put senior list players directly onto the rookie list. They have to be de-listed first and then re-drafted onto the rookie list. The system is such that you risk losing the player to another club in the PSD (e.g. Cam Delaney), though in most cases clubs will leave players alone if they know the original club intends to re-draft and rookie them. I wonder if that's our intention with BMac.

Clubs can't put senior list players directly onto the rookie list. They have to be de-listed first and then re-drafted onto the rookie list. The system is such that you risk losing the player to another club in the PSD (e.g. Cam Delaney), though in most cases clubs will leave players alone if they know the original club intends to re-draft and rookie them. I wonder if that's our intention with BMac.

It wouldn't hurt to give him a go on the rookie list. I guess it depends who else they have in mind for those positions. He wasn't great but he wasn't total crap either. (Hardly the most ringing endorsement of a player is it.)

That run and carry could be useful but I dunno if its the way we play these days. I'm thinking if he's gone BS will probably be using 3 or 4 tall forwards and part of their role will be to deliver the ball into the forward line. if so not much place for BMac in the squad.

In previous years where we have done that we have stated that "we intend to re-draft so and so through the rookie draft in November ect ect"...the statement from the club says their contracts will not be renewed and that the club wishes them the best for the future,and that it hopes they can continue their career elsewhere

That statement doesn't suggets either will be re-rookied.

All the best BMac, im sure you'll get picked up by another club and when you do, show just a tad more intensity, it will do wonders to your game ;) :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had one asset, elite left foot but even that went missing. It's a harsh call, but he was never going to make it at the level. Way too slow, and not physical enough in the contest. Hope he gets picked up by someone, can't see it being on the rookie list here but good luck to him.

I think we'll rookie him if someone else doesn't take him first. Mildly disappointed at this one but also can see the merit in the decision.

Disagree re: Mullett being worse. Mullett had a brilliant 2014 (13?) and if there's any chance he'll recapture that - and the signs were there late this season - then he's a keeper.

This one caught me by surprise a bit, given the retirement (or otherwise) of Dal Santo and the fact the selection committee backed him in a fair bit this season.

Having no said that, he was a disappointment as a recruit, and it's been clear for a number of years now that he wasn't going to live up to his pre-AFL hype.

I would've liked to see him get another year to play a pure Dal role in the VFL or otherwise, but understand the decision.

Tough call but the right call. One of Mullett or BMac had to be moved on. Hope he gets another chance elsewhere.

Mullet was contracted, McKenzie wasn't. Apart from the fact that Mullett is a more capable footballer, that would have sealed it.

Mullett's contract runs out after 2017. He'll likely be in the same boat if he hasn't nailed a spot.

A very ordinary player. Had ample opportunities gifted to him this year as a result of injuries to better players. Failed to seize the day and the club has made the correct decision today. Will be handy at VFL or Country level for whichever club picks him up where the game is a bit slower and suited to both his physical and mental speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back