Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

Advanced goose-step training. Onya BMac.

tumblr_m6kmrxO4rD1rpduwho1_400.gif

Should be dropped but due to a list full of injuries might stay.

I'd be looking to trade him.

Shown enough for other clubs to take notice, not enough (ala Bastinac) to be in the 'must keep' category when we have other positions to be replaced (definitely not flankers).

Should be dropped but due to a list full of injuries might stay.

I'd be looking to trade him.

Shown enough for other clubs to take notice, not enough (ala Bastinac) to be in the 'must keep' category when we have other positions to be replaced (definitely not flankers).
played one of his best games against adelaide, our most skilled player, best at kickouts but "should be dropped". Don't get what people have against this guy, he hadn't had many (if any) goals kicked on him, is improving every week and is definitely a player we should continue developing imo. Teams need to have a mix of different players and Bmac brings something unique and important to our side.

played one of his best games against adelaide, our most skilled player, best at kickouts but "should be dropped". Don't get what people have against this guy, he hadn't had many (if any) goals kicked on him, is improving every week and is definitely a player we should continue developing imo. Teams need to have a mix of different players and Bmac brings something unique and important to our side.

Kicking to yourself and going long is hardly "best at kickouts". Yes he had no other choice due to our lack of run, but you are massively overrating his work there. He also isn't our "most skilled" player. Wells, Higgins and Boomer (to start with) say hi.

He is slow for his size, pushed off too easily, and terrible at ground level. He has improved sure, but he's expendable and far from "important to our side".

I'm far more excited by Wood, Clarke, Dumont, Wagner, EVW, Hibberd (ignoring the talls for now) than I am McKenzie.

Last edited:
Kicking to yourself and going long is hardly "best at kickouts". Yes he had no other choice due to our lack of run, but you are massively overrating his work there. He also isn't our "most skilled" player. Wells, Higgins and Boomer (to start with) say hi.

He is slow for his size, pushed off too easily, and terrible at ground level. He has improved sure, but he's expendable and far from "important to our side".

I'm far more excited by Wood, Clarke, Dumont, Wagner, EVW, Hibberd (ignoring the talls for now) than I am McKenzie.

Tad harsh imo. He is only a 23 year old kid that's hardly played any AFL and also playing in probably the most criticised role in the afl

He's still got copious room for improvement and development

His kicking has been a asset, sure some games he's off but how many times have we seen players clunk it during a game.

I agree he gets pushed off the ball wayyyyy too easily but as above that is something he needs to work on and he has time to do that (more core work in the gym, strength training etc)

Brad is not on fire, but it is hardly pressing that he be dropped too.

His 1st half last week was as good as anything Wrighty has put together ever. Until Sam is fit, in form and running faster than my grandma, we have Brad and i'm quite happy with he as our back up.

Tad harsh imo. He is only a 23 year old kid that's hardly played any AFL and also playing in probably the most criticised role in the afl

He's still got copious room for improvement and development

His kicking has been a asset, sure some games he's off but how many times have we seen players clunk it during a game.

I agree he gets pushed off the ball wayyyyy too easily but as above that is something he needs to work on and he has time to do that (more core work in the gym, strength training etc)

Nah. First round draft pick that hasn't delivered. The whole draft has been terrible sure.

I genuinely hope your view is correct. I doubt it is, at 23 and multiple pre-seasons he is not "young", should be doing better and I think he should be replaced/traded.

Too slow/soft. If either SA team want him then send him back for outside/pace and we could win I reckon (Basti style) :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Nah. First round draft pick that hasn't delivered. The whole draft has been terrible sure.

I genuinely hope your view is correct. I doubt it is, at 23 and multiple pre-seasons he is not "young", should be doing better and I think he should be replaced/traded.

Too slow/soft. If either SA team want him then send him back for outside/pace and we could win I reckon (Basti style) :thumbsu:

"Young" - more so inexperienced at afl level

He's had some sensational games this year

I like BMac but he is hopeless at ground level as some have already stated. I was very frustrated when a simple pick up of the ball turned into either a goal or a ball up because he fumbled and went to ground. He needs to fix that up pronto or else he will be found out in finals. On the other hand he offers us so much when he has the ball that watching him play churns more emotions than a Shakespeare play.

Overall he's been serviceable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to this, Wright's breakout patch of games was probably vs Hawthorn/St Kilda/Carlton in rounds 16-18 of 2014, when he had 70+ games under his belt and his 6th year on the list. I recall being particularly impressed by his game in Hobart vs Saints when his future was probably still in doubt.

BMac is now in year 5, and was more of a project player to begin with given how un-AFL-ready he was as a draftee, 28 games.

And don't forget he got verbally smashed in public by boomer.

Go read the Cunnington Thread early days.......:)

I've been a big supporter of his but he really hasn't performed at an acceptable level since he got his chance.

I was really hoping hoping he would make it but I just can't see it, especially with what he has served up in the past 2 weeks

He's had three or four long shots on goal this season and each time I think this is the moment....and I think they've all gone out on the full.
I've maintained the faith, but he really struggled yesterday. Arden is right about hs kicking. And he's giving us no drive at all.
He's probably got the rest of the season to turn it around, due to injuries.
I would like to see him tried up the field at some stage...

He's had three or four long shots on goal this season and each time I think this is the moment....and I think they've all gone out on the full.
I've maintained the faith, but he really struggled yesterday. Arden is right about hs kicking. And he's giving us no drive at all.
He's probably got the rest of the season to turn it around, due to injuries.
I would like to see him tried up the field at some stage...

Can't use his kicking skills because he is so slow over the ground, can't get any separation from his opponent. Hence only good kicks are from kickins after a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back