Past #2: Brad McKenzie - pick #18 '11 draft - delisted end '16 season - 37 games for NM - Norwood '17

Remove this Banner Ad

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still waiting to see this "elite agility" ..
His pre draft write up obviously was written for someone else.

Call it what it is. Embarrassing defensive efforts. His senior teammates have more to answer for but we are gifting this bloke games off the back of no form whatsoever. Disgusting.
Opposition forwards would love lining up on McKenzie. Love it!

Opposition forwards would love lining up on McKenzie. Love it!

As soon as I saw they had Impey, Neade, Ah Chee, Wingard et al requiring an opponent in their forward line I was concerned who the hell we'd assign McKenzie to.

As soon as I saw they had Impey, Neade, Ah Chee, Wingard et al requiring an opponent in their forward line I was concerned who the hell we'd assign McKenzie to.
We have no one to come in for the bees that makes it worse.
Hiding players in your 22 is asking for trouble.

jclei

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2010
Forward 50
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wanted to see him play this year to get an idea of whether he was up to it and im sure the coaches do too. I think we all know he is only playing at the moment due to injuries.

His main problem is he is just so slow. I have seen him defend ok when he can get to the fall of the ball but he is extremely slow and is trying to defend smaller, agile goal kickers and isnt up to it.

He isnt a defender so if thats the only spot NMFC see as available for him then he wont make it at our club.

kangatragic

Team Captain
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah thought he was ok. With all our injuries in defense he's been forced to play a defensive role which doesn't really suit him. Is worth persisting with unlike Mullet.

So this blokes main attribute is his left peg which is both accurate and has distance in it.

He marked the ball on the 50 and did not have the nuts to go back and kick the goal.

Once Slammin Sammy Wright is fit he goes out.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So this blokes main attribute is his left peg which is both accurate and has distance in it.

He marked the ball on the 50 and did not have the nuts to go back and kick the goal.

Once Slammin Sammy Wright is fit he goes out.

There isn't a player on our list who actually has a shot from 50 except boomer, Brown and sometime McMillan on the run. I think they are actually instructed not to have pings from 50 which is why Mckenzie and Mullett hesitated when they had their chance to kick long range shots

guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Has spent a lot of time reading his own press about his elite kicking. Goes for way too much way too often, resulting in turnover after turnover. Doesn't offer speed, pressure, inside or outside, etc etc. fingers crossed that EVW and Hibberd get ahead of him some time soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought he was good last night. Took an excellent mark near the centre. Was solid all night. He's had a good year I reckon, although still rather inconsistent. But when we lose half the team looks bad.
Mullet at the moment is a bit disappointing. Seems to have lost his confidence. Still, we've seen his best and its pretty good. No need to belittle him.

Viper2Jester

Cancelled
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Second half was better but still didn't make up for terrible first.

He and Mullett should both be dropped if we were fit and I hope they are before finals. (which means we have better players back to have a genuine chance)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Terrible when the ball is below his knees. Other than that, he's a gun.

I'll see myself out.....

Well he can hit a target

Remove this Banner Ad

Back