News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think I can shed some light on this.

What I have heard is that Sidebottom and Dunn visited Howe's place on Sunday night and got on the beers. They then were stopped by cops on the street as they were waiting for an Uber.

The AFL's relaxed restrictions on players allowed for visits to the homes of family members and teammates. Maybe they could get in trouble for drinking or waiting on the street for a ride home, but unlikely it'll be a serious penalty.

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH

What I have heard is that Sidebottom and Dunn visited Howe's place on Sunday night and got on the beers. They then were stopped by cops on the street as they were waiting for an Uber.

The AFL's relaxed restrictions on players allowed for visits to the homes of family members and teammates. Maybe they could get in trouble for drinking or waiting on the street for a ride home, but unlikely it'll be a serious penalty.

don’t think you can catch an Uber

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are there rules around players means of transport, could using an Uber be a potential breach?

Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Apparently they took an uber to Dunn's house (not allowed) and after that Steele went to Daniel Well's house (also not allowed)
Can't see anyway that Steele doesn't cop at least a week suspension.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...

its against the rules to take a uber because the driver might be infected. The afl would prefer the players to drive drunk. It's safer.

Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom is under investigation for multiple breaches of the AFL's COVID-19 protocols.

Sidebottom and teammate Lynden Dunn have both been interviewed for alleged breaches that took place last weekend following the Magpies' loss to Greater Western Sydney in Sydney.

Sidebottom is alleged to have committed three potential breaches such as travelling in an Uber, staying in the company of someone for longer than two hours and visiting former teammate Daniel Wells in Williamstown. Wells, who works with the Magpies but is not in the club's ''bubble'', is not a person he is allowed to visit under the AFL rules.

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
It doesn’t sound like something that deserves a suspension to me.Wasn’t there a Fremantle player who was caught having a party with his mates at the height of the pandemic,and he didn’t get any penalty from the A.F.L?

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Darcemask.PNG
At least he is taking it seriously.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
It doesn’t sound like something that deserves a suspension to me.Wasn’t there a Fremantle player who was caught having a party with his mates at the height of the pademic,and he didn’t get any penalty from the A.F.L?
That would have been before the return to play protocols were introduced. Those protocols which all players agreed to made it clear there could be severe punishments for breaching the rules.

Back