News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he's going to Perth. (even if they allow Vic clubs in)

They'll certainly take him as part of the squad I'd have thought. Only caveat is if the suspension extends beyond the current schedule for round 9.

Are you spreading malicious rumours that that type has infiltrated our club. I bloody hope not.

Nothing malicious. I think that the club should be able to embrace diversity, even cider-sippers, but the sad reality is that it's probably too much of a hot potato at this point in time.

It really must be confusing for Ed. 'Shut up, Ed'. 'Speak up, Ed'. Even when they say that THEY JUST WANT ED TO SHUT HIS GOB, they try and communicate the point by saying the opposite. I don't know what's going on. Sometimes I just want someone to hold me.
all of you or just a special part?

Yeah nah, breaching AFL protocols is kinda nowhere near being involved in a criminal offence like assault with a deadly weapon or inflicting grievous bodily harm, albeit as the victim. Get off the grass, save these type of posts for the main board.

And I can't see why Eddie won't give a full account of what happened if asked.

Come here JB. A horse can keep you safe.

Say, you dont mind me checking out your belly button while I'm here, do you?

You can check it out, but please understand that my partner has recently taken up looming, and I've just entered into a beer-for-fluff exchange arrangement with her.

I think that your sculptures are lovely, I really do, but her promise of a beanie and scarf is too tempting during these winter months.

Yeah, he self reported after being driven home by the police. How noble of him.

You think we hear about every AFL player interaction with the police? I'd have thought it is generally only those that result in charges. Especially so post the Dean Laidley debacle.

If Sidey cops 3-4 weeks, how does that impact him joining the hub in Perth?

He misses Essendon, Brisbane, Geelong, WCE. Does he have to quarantine to play Freo?

As I understand it, he can rejoin normal training if he passes a CV19 test, banned from the club till those results are known. If he's available for even only 1 of the Perth hub games then he makes the trip IMHO, as will the majority of the 46 players in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen the presser but apparently Bucks said that Sidey can't really remember much of what happened that night.............and he hasn't been drinking as much lately and might not have not held his grog as well as usual :rolleyes: Even aside from COVID - when your VC is getting smashed mid season and picked up by the cops wandering the streets in the morning , surely something is amiss and the club/coach should be a bit more pissed off than they seem to be. Perhaps they are trying to put a spin on it while the punishment is being decided.............hopefully.

I am surprised that Wells even allowed it to happen , as a CFC staff member.

We're self harmers of the highest degree.

Nothing malicious. I think that the club should be able to embrace diversity, even cider-sippers, but the sad reality is that it's probably too much of a hot potato at this point in time.

Within the playing group?

Supporters I could understand, but among the players is just a bridge too far.

You're right. I think they'd take him anyway, as I'm assuming he'll still be able to train.

As soon as his CV19 test comes back.... assuming it's -ve.

I haven't seen the presser but apparently Bucks said that Sidey can't really remember much of what happened that night.............and he hasn't been drinking as much lately and might not have not held his grog as well as usual :rolleyes: Even aside from COVID - when your VC is getting smashed mid season and picked up by the cops wandering the streets in the morning , surely something is amiss and the club/coach should be a bit more pissed off than they seem to be. Perhaps they are trying to put a spin on it while the punishment is being decided.............hopefully.

I am surprised that Wells even allowed it to happen , as a CFC staff member.

We're self harmers of the highest degree.
That doesn’t sound great “he hasn’t been drinking as much lately “, if he’s tried to deflect that’s a fail.

That doesn’t sound great “he hasn’t been drinking as much lately “, if he’s tried to deflect that’s a fail.

Training is an important to keeping yourself in peak condition to perform.

This is the quote.................I actually can't believe Bucks said this.

He (Sidebottom) is quite embarrassed about the situation. He’s obviously remorseful about the decisions that were made, but he is also in some way confused about what has taken place.

“At some point, obviously, with his drinking he’s made some poor decisions, but his recollection isn’t that great.

“He hasn’t been drinking as regularly I suppose. In conversations with him, he probably hasn’t been consuming as much alcohol and one of the theories is that he wasn’t able to handle what he consumed at Howie’s place.

“In the end they’re all details that try to explain, in some way, what has happened in the evening or Steele’s understanding of it. He’s suitably embarrassed and very contrite, as you would understand.

“Steele obviously needed help to get home and in his recollection can’t remember a lot around what happened that evening. He ended up finding himself home earlier the next morning.”

It doesn’t Make it our fault, I never chose to be a Collingwood supporter, I just am.
I originally chose to barrack for Hawthorn - kid over the road said he'd belt me up if I didn't barrack for Cwood - I swapped :( :)
so guess I am:

- weak
- unstable
- enjoying my just desserts
- having fun
- confused

PS I was younger than 35 when the threat was made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back