Past Daniel Menzel - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Was worth the punt and is worth persisting with imo. The last two weeks has given us a glimpse of Menz abilities when he is playing injury free and has a fitness base to back it up. He just needs to go back and have a big full preseason which he probably hasn't had in 6 years and I reckon we'll see him have one of his best seasons next year.

Was worth the punt and is worth persisting with imo. The last two weeks has given us a glimpse of Menz abilities when he is playing injury free and has a fitness base to back it up. He just needs to go back and have a big full preseason which he probably hasn't had in 6 years and I reckon we'll see him have one of his best seasons next year.

must be cheap salary wise,

worse case he plays occasional footy, handy depth i reckon, considering he could be an x factor

hope he stays the next two weeks and lets see what he does

worse case he plays occasional footy, handy depth i reckon, considering he could be an x factor

He's better than depth when fully fit. Think he's finally starting to get there. He'll be good for us next year with a full pre season

He's better than depth when fully fit. Think he's finally starting to get there. He'll be good for us next year with a full pre season

agree
Worst case is depth thats all, i think he should stay

From memory he was on around $180k plus match payments at the Cats in his last year. So he’s not taking up a lot of cap space. Played his best game for us on the weekend.

Finally got his body right, just needs a good pre season to go up a level. Has talent, great footy brain and best of all, if he's in range he usually kicks them.

Was good yesterday in difficult conditions. So I'm sure he'll get another contract, all we need to do is get the ball to him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got his body right, just needs a good pre season to go up a level. Has talent, great footy brain and best of all, if he's in range he usually kicks them.

Was good yesterday in difficult conditions. So I'm sure he'll get another contract, all we need to do is get the ball to him!
Very intelligent footballer. I’m not a fan of the ‘around the corner’ kicks for goal, they all practice it and believe it’s more effective than a drop punt but his didn’t pay off. Not as if he was 12m out, dead in front with a huge chance to win the game and smacked it into the right goal post!

An injury free pre-season would do wonders!

I hope we keep him - at the right price. Was very happy when we got him and thought he added a bit of extra class to the forward line. He’s a very clever player (notwithstanding that stupid round the corner kick on the weekend) and although his season got off to a false start and hasn’t quite gone the way he and the Swans wanted I think he’s a real plus for us.

Get a good pre-season into him and hopefully we can enjoy his contributions next year.

I hope we keep him - at the right price. Was very happy when we got him and thought he added a bit of extra class to the forward line. He’s a very clever player (notwithstanding that stupid round the corner kick on the weekend) and although his season got off to a false start and hasn’t quite gone the way he and the Swans wanted I think he’s a real plus for us.

Get a good pre-season into him and hopefully we can enjoy his contributions next year.

He will be having multiple operations during preseason. He has been injured the majority of his career. Nothing is going to suddenly change now because he's drinking Sydney water. The whole episode has been a waste of time and space.

Very intelligent footballer. I’m not a fan of the ‘around the corner’ kicks for goal, they all practice it and believe it’s more effective than a drop punt but his didn’t pay off. Not as if he was 12m out, dead in front with a huge chance to win the game and smacked it into the right goal post!

An injury free pre-season would do wonders!

I wonder if this recent phenomenon for goal is an Irish influence indirectly Mick?
Perhaps a resulting rub off of International Rules?
Or just a purely by the angles attempt at goal...We have a few that do it of late and add in a Tadhg Kennelly as coach.

Perhaps Fu and foil hat should grab their coat and go....

He will be having multiple operations during preseason. He has been injured the majority of his career. Nothing is going to suddenly change now because he's drinking Sydney water. The whole episode has been a waste of time and space.
That’s disappointing news. I hadn’t seen that, what’s he having done?

I really like Menzel and I really hope he gets another year at least with us now that we're seeing him at full fitness. I love that he seems to have fitted in to the club without any problems and that he speaks/carries himself like a true professional and leader. No way would I let him leave with all of the experience we're losing at the end of this year and with his form now starting to trend upwards.

He's fit to finish the year meaning he can hit the ground running in the next preseason and hopefully it's upwards from there, whether he has a spot in the 22 or is excellent depth. I've had enough of playing players who aren't really forwards in the forward line, this guy is a true forward with excellent game sense and skill and who has bought into the club, deserves another contract.

Said in interview his body is feeling better than any time in his career. Maybe our medical staff got one right one once...

I have been a bit unsure about him, but I’d keep him on the list given the loss of experience and lack of players in that age group.

He's obviously a classy footballer. Starting to see the best of him now he's fit and definitely worth persisting with.

Smart footballer. He and Dawson are the only two taking set shots I have a confidence in. I have been on the fence about him since his recruitment but he now seems fit and is showing his class as a natural footballer.

I now hope he is offered a one year extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back