win1soon

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man u
Is this guy a gun or what, Played only 13 games, each week on the biggest defenders never gets beaten (apart from buddy in his first game) and so cool under pressure, got ourselves a beauty here! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
His run and carry is awesome. Makes good decisions...... Shoe in for the Rising star award

Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
The only times I worry are when he's in a wrestle with somebody twice his size. Hopefully with a few more years he can put on a few more kilos and really make full back his own against all comers, otherwise we've still got a very good third tall defender.

Should win the rising star, but he won't.

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
The only times I worry are when he's in a wrestle with somebody twice his size. Hopefully with a few more years he can put on a few more kilos and really make full back his own against all comers, otherwise we've still got a very good third tall defender.

Would be a pleasant change from midfielders having a lock on the award, dont rule him out

Barnzy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Just about becoming my favourite player. His speed, agility, poise and balance when the ball hits the deck is second to none. Then in the air he nearly always kills the contest or marks it. Now adding superb rebound to his game.

13 games, you'd think he's played 150. :thumbsu:

JR#8

Premium Gold
Dec 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Croatia, New York Knicks
Can't work out how we pick better players from the rookie draft than the national draft. lol.

Love the guy, hopefully puts on a few more kg's in the off season. :thumbsu:

CoggaRules

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
A real weapon that will rise to the stratosphere when we afford him and Tross the "luxury" of having a bigger body who can cut the mustard in the BL against the big boys..The brains trust has to know now, that this BL only needs that one key to be one of if not, the best in the business.;)

ShaneDoan

Senior List
Apr 24, 2011
Vancouver
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arizona Coyotes & Middlesbrough
"How did I mark the ball if I was holding him?" - Loved that quote, was thinking the same thing as the free was awarded against him.

Great kid, reminds me a lot of Darren Gasper in a good way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MR

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Masterstroke drafting. Other clubs must be kicking themselves for not picking him up. I still can't believe that we got him in the PSD.

Tiger2709

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
He is steady as a rock lately, even pushing up the field and delivering inside 50, when you see Grimes spoiling, with Bachelor dropping back for marks, Rance and Morris going in like their lives depended on it, you get a warm fussy feeling inside :thumbsu:

maceman

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2008
ShizenStein
AFL Club
Richmond
He is steady as a rock lately, even pushing up the field and delivering inside 50, when you see Grimes spoiling, with Bachelor dropping back for marks, Rance and Morris going in like their lives depended on it, you get a warm fussy feeling inside :thumbsu:
Yeah, I agree with this. Rance and Morris go in like a kamikaze, Grimes is cool and composed. Batchelor takes great grabs and makes good decisions.

These four guys are becoming really important for the future.

DirtyHeardy

Senior List
May 8, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Indy Colts
almost had him best on, but pipped just by maric. grimes was unreal today, love how he has the balls to run it out of defence when he knows he has the time. i reckon it will be a real asset to have your kpd's (grimes and rance) having the ability to a) spoil effectively and b) able to run and carry themselves rather than blazing it long or waiting for a midfielder to hand it off to. grimes is comfortably my favourite player right now

TJTIGER

Premium Platinum
Jul 10, 2009
Hanging on to MONKEY"S cloud.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL, Furies-2015 Premiers
Is this guy a gun or what, Played only 13 games, each week on the biggest defenders never gets beaten (apart from buddy in his first game) and so cool under pressure, got ourselves a beauty here! :thumbsu:
I totally have a man crush on Dylan !! I was so disappointed for the club but especially for him when he went down last year. I just think that he is thriving at RFC and is developing at an incredible rate. He and Trossman seem to have a great frienship, which just looks well for the future and hopefully being able to keep them both @ RFC. Great drafting by FJ !!

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Can't work out how we pick better players from the rookie draft than the national draft. lol.

Love the guy, hopefully puts on a few more kg's in the off season. :thumbsu:
Dylan was actually a Psd selection in 2009 not a rookie selection.

Madtiger2006

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Is about 91kg now and should aim for 95kg. Could get there next season

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
Geee How good would it be if Jaydn Post was to develop into our CHB/FB that would give us the luxury to use Dylan Grimes as our 2nd or 3rd tall and the flexability with 3 talls that are all mobile in the back half.

Really would love to see the following back 6 next year Gel together

.B: Morris - Rance - Grimes
HB: Batchelor - Post - Dea

RichosGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
your house
AFL Club
Richmond
Geee How good would it be if Jaydn Post was to develop into our CHB/FB that would give us the luxury to use Dylan Grimes as our 2nd or 3rd tall and the flexability with 3 talls that are all mobile in the back half.

Really would love to see the following back 6 next year Gel together

.B: Morris - Rance - Grimes
HB: Batchelor - Post - Dea
I'd give up on Post Gun.

Astbury is going to be the man.

If Rance can take Dave Astbury under his wing like he has with Grimesy, well then watch out world :thumbsu:

Strawbs

Club Legend
May 4, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree with the Astbury call. Seems to have good hands and makes good decisions. The positive of his injury might be some time to put some beef on his upper body. Lovely to be talking about a Richmond player's 'development' - I assume Leppitsch has had a bit to do with this. Back line very promising.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
p**s off You Troll
I rate Dave Astbury Very highly & He will be our swingman between CHF/CHB is my belief.

I Still Have not given up all hope in Jayden Post, He has alot of tools to work with and could be 1 of these late bloomers He's just turned 22 and early days still.

Top Bottom