Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

He is part of the best backline we've had for decades
Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin are jets while Astbury has improved out of sight. Houli has been amazing of late and now Short is showing flair and excitement. With Broad still to come in, we bat deep too. Garthwaite is also waiting in the wings and now Balta is at the club. Amazing
Best back line I can remember, and like you I am almost an ancient tiger.

Explains much.

Let’s not get off topic, but even though CEllis is my favourite and up and comer it didn’t stop me from saying he should have been dropped after the Adelaide game. So I reject any inference of bias.

How ******* good is this bloke?

I rewatched the Melbourne game and Grimes was everywhere.

Does not get beaten one on one (Can anyone recall a time he was - honestly?)

If AA is fair dinkum and spuds like Nick Smith get picked for nullifying guns up forward, it's about time Grimes gets recognised.

How ******* good is this bloke?

I rewatched the Melbourne game and Grimes was everywhere.

Does not get beaten one on one (Can anyone recall a time he was - honestly?)

If AA is fair dinkum and spuds like Nick Smith get picked for nullifying guns up forward, it's about time Grimes gets recognised.
Doesn't mind "Roughing" the opposition up every now and again.Bit of a Campaigner creeping into his game which is great.

Wow did'nt this thread disappear! Down to 13!
619108-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Reliable Richmond backman Dylan Grimes may still be under-rated throughout the football world, but within the four walls at Tigerland there’s no doubting his importance to the team.

Grimes goes about his football business with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency.

After performing such a significant role for the Tigers in their 2017 premiership triumph, Grimes has continued to play top-class defensive football throughout season 2018.

He is averaging 11.4 disposals, 6.2 intercepts, 5.2 one-percenters, 3.2 marks and 3.7 tackles per game, but those statistical numbers alone don’t adequately indicate Grimes’ value within the Richmond line-up.

His closing speed is elite, enabling him to consistently thwart opposition forwards’ scoring opportunities.

“’Grimesy’, he’s been fantastic,” his teammate Shaun Grigg said on RSN this morning.

“Last year, he won our players’ award that us players vote on from week to week.

“He’s held in very high regard at our footy club.

“He just gets the job done, week in, week out.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beggars belief as to why he didnt start on DeGoey. Said it from the first bounce when I saw Rance go to him.
One of the many nails in our coffin tonight.

Grimes was outstanding though.
Rance was getting soundly beaten, the move needed to be made a lot earlier than what it was.

How should we look at this guy vas far as his primary role goes.
We know he can play tall but 95% of the time he plays on small/mediums and does a great job. When selecting a team should we not look at him as a sml/medium.

LMFAO toughen up Dylan ive had mine broken at least 4 times. Even at my age im a slow learner never knowing whjen to duck or shimmy or for that matter when to shut up.
Only 4 times !! I would have thought alot more than that

If you lived in Richmond i can guarantee you it would have been atleast double

Remove this Banner Ad

Back