win1soon

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man u
Is this guy a gun or what, Played only 13 games, each week on the biggest defenders never gets beaten (apart from buddy in his first game) and so cool under pressure, got ourselves a beauty here! :thumbsu:

The only times I worry are when he's in a wrestle with somebody twice his size. Hopefully with a few more years he can put on a few more kilos and really make full back his own against all comers, otherwise we've still got a very good third tall defender.

Should win the rising star, but he won't.

The only times I worry are when he's in a wrestle with somebody twice his size. Hopefully with a few more years he can put on a few more kilos and really make full back his own against all comers, otherwise we've still got a very good third tall defender.

Would be a pleasant change from midfielders having a lock on the award, dont rule him out

A real weapon that will rise to the stratosphere when we afford him and Tross the "luxury" of having a bigger body who can cut the mustard in the BL against the big boys..The brains trust has to know now, that this BL only needs that one key to be one of if not, the best in the business.;)

"How did I mark the ball if I was holding him?" - Loved that quote, was thinking the same thing as the free was awarded against him.

Great kid, reminds me a lot of Darren Gasper in a good way.

He is steady as a rock lately, even pushing up the field and delivering inside 50, when you see Grimes spoiling, with Bachelor dropping back for marks, Rance and Morris going in like their lives depended on it, you get a warm fussy feeling inside :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is steady as a rock lately, even pushing up the field and delivering inside 50, when you see Grimes spoiling, with Bachelor dropping back for marks, Rance and Morris going in like their lives depended on it, you get a warm fussy feeling inside :thumbsu:

Yeah, I agree with this. Rance and Morris go in like a kamikaze, Grimes is cool and composed. Batchelor takes great grabs and makes good decisions.

These four guys are becoming really important for the future.

Yeah he's gonna be a bewdy. Not a coincidence that we fell in a heap after he did his hammy last year. Before that he played great.

almost had him best on, but pipped just by maric. grimes was unreal today, love how he has the balls to run it out of defence when he knows he has the time. i reckon it will be a real asset to have your kpd's (grimes and rance) having the ability to a) spoil effectively and b) able to run and carry themselves rather than blazing it long or waiting for a midfielder to hand it off to. grimes is comfortably my favourite player right now

Is this guy a gun or what, Played only 13 games, each week on the biggest defenders never gets beaten (apart from buddy in his first game) and so cool under pressure, got ourselves a beauty here! :thumbsu:

I totally have a man crush on Dylan !! I was so disappointed for the club but especially for him when he went down last year. I just think that he is thriving at RFC and is developing at an incredible rate. He and Trossman seem to have a great frienship, which just looks well for the future and hopefully being able to keep them both @ RFC. Great drafting by FJ !!

Is about 91kg now and should aim for 95kg. Could get there next season

Geee How good would it be if Jaydn Post was to develop into our CHB/FB that would give us the luxury to use Dylan Grimes as our 2nd or 3rd tall and the flexability with 3 talls that are all mobile in the back half.

Really would love to see the following back 6 next year Gel together

.B: Morris - Rance - Grimes
HB: Batchelor - Post - Dea

Geee How good would it be if Jaydn Post was to develop into our CHB/FB that would give us the luxury to use Dylan Grimes as our 2nd or 3rd tall and the flexability with 3 talls that are all mobile in the back half.

Really would love to see the following back 6 next year Gel together

.B: Morris - Rance - Grimes
HB: Batchelor - Post - Dea

I'd give up on Post Gun.

Astbury is going to be the man.

If Rance can take Dave Astbury under his wing like he has with Grimesy, well then watch out world :thumbsu:

Agree with the Astbury call. Seems to have good hands and makes good decisions. The positive of his injury might be some time to put some beef on his upper body. Lovely to be talking about a Richmond player's 'development' - I assume Leppitsch has had a bit to do with this. Back line very promising.

I rate Dave Astbury Very highly & He will be our swingman between CHF/CHB is my belief.

I Still Have not given up all hope in Jayden Post, He has alot of tools to work with and could be 1 of these late bloomers He's just turned 22 and early days still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back