JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I think this year his football is as good as any defender I've seen at Richmond .That includes Rance and St Francis .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too true...
That game against Port...stellar! Better get the three Brownlow votes!!! Will be watching the umpires on Brownlow night...
762886.gif

In fact i think the Brownlow is fecked and too biased towards the Mids! Too many Gun players are being overlooked in the Brownlow Medal count!
FFS their are three Umpires! Three of them!! It takes three of them to vote for a Mid how fecked is that!
Change the Maggott's voting it's simples! One maggott for the Fowards! One Maggott for the Backs!! Senior maggott for Mids and Rucks!!!
Then decide the voting after the game...it's not Rocket science!!!

Last edited:

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Richmond’s Dylan Grimes a ‘no-brainer’ for All-Australian side, says coach Damien Hardwick
AUGUST 01, 2019
Perpetually underrated Richmond defender Dylan Grimes is a “no-brainer” for this year’s All-Australian side according to his coach, as the premiership player continues to rack up some staggering statistics.

Grimes, who has never polled a Brownlow Medal vote, was part of the initial All-Australian squad of 40 players last year before being left out of the final side.

But Tigers coach Damien Hardwick has turned the heat on All-Australian selectors to pick Grimes this year given his performance in the absence of injured teammate Alex Rance.

“I’d have him in every year,” Hardwick said.

“I sit there and I get to see him forensically on a weekly basis and I know that if I put him on a player, that’s a job done for me.

“His ability to win contests, his ability to control the backline has really improved this year with Alex taking a step out of the side. But he’s an incredible talent, outstanding leader, outstanding person. So for me it’s a no-brainer.”

A mid-sized defender at 193cm, Grimes has again shown an ability to play tall and small this year, with opponents including Adelaide’s Eddie Betts, Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray, Geelong’s Tom Hawkins and Collingwood’s Mason Cox.

Grimes has had just four goals kicked on him since Round 9 and, according to Champion Data, has lost only two of 21 one-on-one contests since Richmond’s Round 14 bye.

“He should have been in the All-Australian last year and definitely has to be a lock this year,” Brisbane Lions great Jonathon Brown said on Fox Footy this week.

Grimes has missed just one game this year through suspension and is averaging career-best numbers for rebound-50s (3.1 a game), intercept marks (2.4 a game) and intercept possessions (7.2 a game).

The 28-year-old has lost just 16.4 per cent of defensive one-on-one contests this year, significantly fewer than other top-rated key defenders in Brisbane’s Harris Andrews (26.8 per cent), West Coast’s Tom Barrass (24 per cent), Carlton’s Liam Jones (27.8 per cent) and Geelong’s Mark Blicavs (18.6 per cent).

Rance, who suffered an ACL injury in Round 1, completed some running drills at training on Thursday and will meet his surgeon next Friday to discuss whether he could return to the Richmond defence this year.

“He’s running, he’s looking very active,” Hardwick said.

“He’s got a couple of things tick off before we get to that stage (playing again this year).

“We haven’t opened that door but we certainly haven’t closed it, either.”

I was so scared, as were the other Richmond supporters around me, when he went off. I desperately hope he’s ok.

Love him!

Best thing about Grimes, he very rarely infringes, love that about him, so many defenders just continuously infringe on their opponent these days, but not Dylan Grimes!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I was so scared, as were the other Richmond supporters around me, when he went off. I desperately hope he’s ok.

Love him!

Best thing about Grimes, he very rarely infringes, love that about him, so many defenders just continuously infringe on their opponent these days, but not Dylan Grimes!
That's not right!
Grimesy infringed on EBetts in the GF by grabbing his jersey and pulling/holding him back in the goalsquare...but Grimsey did it so professionally and smart their was no way the maggott could have seen the infringement to pay a free kick! Both had their backs to the maggotts...very smart defensive play by Grimsey!

Back