Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Tiger V

All Australian
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
This morning on MMM that knob TB spoke about everyone and everything in footy including Darcy Moore who is not relevant in this case but not one mention about Grimes , I thought good footy journalist report on all things footy , still Eddie and Luke pump him up as the best ever, he really has a thing with the tigers.

This morning on MMM that knob TB spoke about everyone and everything in footy including Darcy Moore who is not relevant in this case but not one mention about Grimes , I thought good footy journalist report on all things footy , still Eddie and Luke pump him up as the best ever, he really has a thing with the tigers.
You still listen to that Collingwood wank machine?

I stopped listening to The Hot Breakfast when Malloy went to the afternoon slot.

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Congrats Grimsey! :clapping:

Just for fun, check out the video in this link. About 2:03 it shows Grimesy marking the ball in front of Franklin, who then has a spazz out at no. 11
Looks like he's saying 'what the heck were you doing'! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wouldn't have any of them over Grimesy! A cut above some good contenders.

Actually I'd have Rance slightly ahead of Grimes. But only very slightly. It would not shock me if they are the best backs in the game. (barring injury I know)

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Rance is better than Grimes, and that’s no disrespect to Grimes just that Rance is an all time great.

The evolution of Grimes and too a lesser extent Astbury pushed them into use Rance as a floater. But don’t forget the years when basically no one but Rance could beat Buddy.

Rance is better than Grimes, and that’s no disrespect to Grimes just that Rance is an all time great.

The evolution of Grimes and too a lesser extent Astbury pushed them into use Rance as a floater. But don’t forget the years when basically no one but Rance could beat Buddy.

Rance is better offensively but Grimes is better defensively

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Rance is better offensively but Grimes is better defensively

At rances absolute best (which I reckon was 14-16) I don’t think so.

The desperate spoils, smothers, tackles and even just knock ons, he was other worldly. I think it has got forgotten because Grimes and co released him to be more attacking in 17-18 so the one on one defending wasn’t there as much. Then of course media jumped on him not being a good one on one defender. That’s despite the incredible stat showing he lost by far the fewest one on one contests.

Again Grimes is almost as good, especially now he has had to cover for Alex and as such evolved again (along with Vlas) but Rance is a freak.

Back