Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Covid is media driven
Yeah, just saw someone posted it on twitter because he deleted it. It's pretty dumb of him to say, especially when there's so much positive media around him after the weekend. Would have been better off ignoring it completely. Literally nothing positive can come out of answering that unless it's a straight, "Yeah stay safe and follow expert advice."

Yeah, just saw someone posted it on twitter because he deleted it. It's pretty dumb of him to say, especially when there's so much positive media around him after the weekend. Would have been better off ignoring it completely. Literally nothing positive can come out of answering that unless it's a straight, "Yeah stay safe and follow expert advice."
Silly bugger has fell into the trap of thinking that opinions shouldn't be questioned.

Makes the rumour he breached COVID protocols when the players were forced to lockdown for a day or two a bit more interesting.

I don't personally care much either way about his response, but what did he think would happen by touching that particular hot potato? I'm just as surprised as he must be that people didn't respect him saying "I don't want any replies." 🤣

Makes the rumour he breached COVID protocols when the players were forced to lockdown for a day or two a bit more interesting.

I don't personally care much either way about his response, but what did he think would happen by touching that particular hot potato? I'm just as surprised as he must be that people didn't respect him saying "I don't want any replies." 🤣
Wonder if he backed himself to get 30 plus possessions on Monday

This is the sort of stuff that can prevent Jaidyn from becoming a leader at this football club. You can argue as much as you want about opinions, but this club does so much for vulnerable members of the community, and these comments, along with his tacit support of Fraser Anning and betting on footy, are at odds with the Club's values (pun somewhat intended).

Personally, I think if he had a clean sheet he seems like a future walk up starter in the leadership group. However, you can't deny it's an extremely tough sell for a club that prides itself on being socially aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the sort of stuff that can prevent Jaidyn from becoming a leader at this football club. You can argue as much as you want about opinions, but this club does so much for vulnerable members of the community, and these comments, along with his tacit support of Fraser Anning and betting on footy, are at odds with the Club's values (pun somewhat intended).

Personally, I think if he had a clean sheet he seems like a future walk up starter in the leadership group. However, you can't deny it's an extremely tough sell for a club that prides itself on being socially aware.
Seems good at football, not a leader. Don't think we're short on leadership quality anyway, no real loss.

Seems good at football, not a leader. Don't think we're short on leadership quality anyway, no real loss.

Our leadership group is Ziebell (aging), Tarrant (aging), Jy (next captain), Kayne (who up until finding himself in a negating role was an edge of 22 player) and L-Mac (coming off one good year).

Yes we have some impressive young players coming through, but with a little bit more off-field discipline Stephenson could (or could have) be in that next wave.

Just a point about the media, covid and one interesting stat and long sleeve jumpers.

Are excess deaths last year in Sweden and England the same as they were in 2012 (bad flu season that year)?

I want to talk about his long sleeve jumper. In those conditions you are mad if you don't wear one. That mark he took from Cunners exquisitely judged pass in the last quarter would have been much harder with bare arms. Cunners kicked it hard enough to get him within range.

No where in the world has the wearing of masks shown to have any effect on the seasonal roll of Covid stats but I reckon that mark is good evidence that long sleeve jumpers are the go.

Time for a broom to the covid thread

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've been looking back at the Tracker numbers for the season. Up until the weekend Stevo only really shows up in Sprint efforts. He doesn't rate in maximum speed, distance covered at speed or average speed. Its clear he tries a lot, at short distances, but doesn't really hit any genuine pace. On the weekend he ranked in Total distance covered and total distance covered at high speed so he was obviously trying to run harder for longer, which helped his game enormously. He also ranked in average speed in attack.

But he still didn't rank in maximum speed, or average moving speed.

I've been looking back at the Tracker numbers for the season. Up until the weekend Stevo only really shows up in Sprint efforts. He doesn't rate in maximum speed, distance covered at speed or average speed. Its clear he tries a lot, at short distances, but doesn't really hit any genuine pace. On the weekend he ranked in Total distance covered and total distance covered at high speed so he was obviously trying to run harder for longer, which helped his game enormously. He also ranked in average speed in attack.

But he still didn't rank in maximum speed, or average moving speed.
Let it go dude

Remove this Banner Ad

Back