Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Collingwood supporter this really pisses me off... I really liked him and to have him done this way...

I hope he brings you a coleman, a brownlow, and a couple of flags, and that Collingwood upper management gets sent far away.
Do yourself a favour and find out the reasons he was sent packing to North. There were quite a few reasons and Jaidyn knows exactly what they are but you won't hear them from Stephenson and the club don't want to make them public to protect him. And that is apart from his woeful form. Three disposals in his last game pissed me off too.

Do yourself a favour and find out the reasons he was sent packing to North. There were quite a few reasons and Jaidyn knows exactly what they are but you won't hear them from Stephenson and the club don't want to make them public to protect him. And that is apart from his woeful form. Three disposals in his last game pissed me off too.
There are no secrets in footy....if there’s something more to it, it’ll come out.

Send packing cos you guys are paying everyone too much 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll tell you something that should be astoundingly obvious to anyone not being played by the Collingwood spin machine. Regardless of what 'supposedly' happened in the hub during the strangest of strange years, despite any existing behavioural issues, if the pies hadn't utterly butchered their salary cap then there is no chance in hell that Stephenson would be at North now. Zero. Zilch.

Your club leadership signed off on contracts like they were Oprah filming a special and when they realised that they had overspent knew they had to offload. They then failed to tell Stephenson they were actively looking to trade him. They have since been alluding to other issues with Stepehenson that have now gotten traction to cover their arses rather than admitting they had to trade multiple players they would much rather have kept. Your club screwed the pooch on this one.

Last edited:
Marty Pike was moved on twice for so called off field behavior and a couple of incidents, didnt stop him picking up 3 flags along the way.

Sure, sure. Collingwood are heroes, we get it. It's funny how all this stuff only comes out afterwards. How your lists managers were able to pull off the miracle of pick 65 for Phillips after what he did to those kittens was a benchmark in trade mastery.

Yes that’s why you guys signed him on a big deal at the start of the year.

Least you’ve got beams on big money to cover for him 😱😂😂

Plus you’ve got Bucks the proven winner of no flags in over 25yrs in the league.

Hello Maggie51.

That's very concerning.

Can you please point me to some of your posts on your board before this trade public where you warned your fellow supporters about this insidious bad egg and how you need him out of the club to ensure cleanskins like Jordan & Co weren't corrupted?

Because obviously I don't believe you just cooked up this info after everything went public and the social media campaign began.

While I've got you, what about Treloar? Was he punching up old women and selling ice on the steps of the Holden Centre before you hurriedly pushed him off to the doggies?

So thoughtful, protecting Stephenson, deciding to trade Treloar out of concern for how he would manage next year while his wife was working in Queensland.

Pies completely ballsed up their salary cap planning, had to sell some good players cheaply, communicated with them poorly, then went about salting the media and wannabe ITKs with negative stories about them, to make their more gullible fans feel better about the whole thing. Buy it if you want to, but you'd be advised to save it for your own board.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH JAIDYN STEPHENSON?

It was arguably the biggest bargain of the lot, when North Melbourne secured Rising Star winner Jaidyn Stephenson for pick No. 26.

He is exactly what the Roos need in the sense that he has some electric speed and polish to help liven up the forward half.

And he is the kind of goal-kicker who will help put some bums on seats as the Roos rebuild with a nice young crop including Tarryn Thomas, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Nick Larkey, Ben McKay, Cam Zurhaar and Bailey Scott.

But Stephenson also got a kick in the backside in the process, which he needs to use to help become a more dedicated and professional athlete.

It’s that training and off-field commitment that was part of the problem at the Pies and something he got plenty of feedback about.

Lots of players have needed a fresh start for the penny to drop on that front and Stephenson can be no different.

He’s an exciting addition for the Roos on the cheap.

Seriously, you're having a crack at him for answering those questions? Rather players be honest in the media than cliched crap.
It's fair of him to be asked and answer questions re Buckley given Buckley was SEN giving his version of events this morning as to what happened.
If they keep bringing it up again at future pressers then quite rightly he or club could shut it down as "I've moved on", but I think it was relevant he was asked given Buckley's comments in the morning.

I quite like how open he was. As you said, much better than hearing the standard cliche.

So does Atu play that pressure small forward role for us or in the backline?
Few people making their best 22s and have him in a half back role.
Makes me think he played a similar role in the juniors but everything I can find says he's just a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back