Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Jack Mahony practicing the waltz?

Is Jack Mahony practicing the waltz?
Air guitar.

He was probably mentally preparing to answer questions on Buckley's marriage break up and McGuire's departure.

Looking forward to the double page spread with Connor Menadue’s thoughts re the Hardwick’s split.

Firstly, he looks great. Really healthy physically has a little more meat on his bones than he has the last 12 months. The blue suits him.

With regards to the interviews, I feel for the guys. There is only so many times they can say, ‘we’re really excited’ which must be the comms directive from the club.

Jaidyn doesn’t mind stopping himself mid-sentence and thinking of what he really wants to say. He’s impressive and will be a good person for interviews moving forwards because he does think of interesting things to say and he has an interesting back story/perspective.

Not sure if I'm imagining it, but he looks more solid already. Those PT sessions must have paid off. I guess not having glandular fever over the preseason can only help as well.
I thought so too, PM. Traps, lats and quads all looking bigger.

Trying to maintain low expectations, but gee it’s difficult to see how Jaidyn won’t be successful.

- Smaller club - Less ego ✔
- Rebuilding club - Lower outside expectations ✔
- Group of talented kids coming through with him - Less spotlight ✔
- Has been called a lazy trainer - Point to prove ✔️
- Balanced head coach - Let him be himself ✔️

It’s pretty exciting.

If he starts off slowing the pies fanbois in the media will lay into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't follow the draft this year as I normally would. The China virus season just really made me a lot less interested as it wasn't proper.

Good to see him in our side. Seems we have injected various more speed into the side now.

Almost as excited to watch Stepho this year as I am Simpkin and LDU. He's a special talent who is going to be a very good footballer for us for a long time.

Having only seen him from afar, that interview gives an insight to Stephenson that I would never really have though of. Interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back