Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Puss off negative Nancy...
let us crow, i wasn’t sold on him becoming a midfielder, just surprised how clean he is..

Hey fap off as much as you like.

Just jaded after such JWS, Harper, Black, Wood et al crew all teasing us before fading away.

Hey fap off as much as you like.

Just jaded after such JWS, Harper, Black, Wood et al crew all teasing us before fading away.

I'd amend that one. He was as sure a bet as we have seen in the past 20 years.

Harper was a bit overhyped early, Black was played out of position & Wood was butchered as a workhorse.

I'd amend that one. He was as sure a bet as we have seen in the past 20 years.

Harper was a bit overhyped early, Black was played out of position & Wood was butchered as a workhorse.

I'm putting aside the reasons mate.

But for all the goodwill of the 90s where it seemed we caught a tailwind no matter what we did (Carey, Corey, Bell, Winnie, Grant, Choppy etc), the 00s+ have been mostly a series of iron pyrite turds initially masquerading as golden specks.

I'm putting aside the reasons mate.

But for all the goodwill of the 90s where it seemed we caught a tailwind no matter what we did (Carey, Corey, Bell, Winnie, Grant, Choppy etc), the 00s+ have been mostly a series of iron pyrite turds initially masquerading as golden specks.
Look what Scottera did to you...
it’s emptiness,
Watch the highlight vid that giantroo put up.
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like, who exactly? Sidebottom, WHE, Elliott, Thomas, Noble? Sidebottom's as good but old, the rest are meh. Daicos is good tho I guess.

WHE has gone backwards after his first year at Collingwood.

I reckon a change of scenery would be good for him.

Like, who exactly? Sidebottom, WHE, Elliott, Thomas, Noble? Sidebottom's as good but old, the rest are meh. Daicos is good tho I guess.
Probably add an Adam, C.Brown and another first round Daicos this year.
talent alone would’ve put him in that team but he’d still be playing that deep forward role.

Hi guys, amazing debut from Stepho on the weekend. Has definitely recovered from that bout of Glandular fever and is looking super fit. His role looked very impressive for fantasy, a floating wingman with the occasional centre bounce - will this continue when all your injured players return? TIA

Hi guys, amazing debut from Stepho on the weekend. Has definitely recovered from that bout of Glandular fever and is looking super fit. His role looked very impressive for fantasy, a floating wingman with the occasional centre bounce - will this continue when all your injured players return? TIA
Noble's plan from day dot has been to give Stephenson more midfield minutes. Don't expect to see him playing out of square anytime soon. He'll be a mid/wing that rests forward.

they'd be mad not to let him keep doing it after that performance

they'd be mad not to let him keep doing it after that performance
Touk Miller sat on Gaff all day Sunday. Thinking after 33 touches v Port he might do the same to Stepho. Only hesitation I have in bringing him in

Touk Miller sat on Gaff all day Sunday. Thinking after 33 touches v Port he might do the same to Stepho. Only hesitation I have in bringing him in

Gaff has always been a very taggable player (Brayshaw incident occurred the week after he was effectively closed down in a game against North - it was cumulative frustration on his part) mainly because he can't exactly shake the tag by pushing forward and playing out of the goal square. It will be interesting if Miller goes to Stephenson as we have nothing to lose in clearing out of forward 50 and giving him a paddock to work his magic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back