Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez he’s a good footballer.

Every bit of play we’ve had this year where we have scored or looked dangerous he has been involved, sometimes multiple times.

Going to be fun watching him dominate today and for the next 10 years. Cheers pies.
Shades of Shagga

Speaking of Higgo, am I right in thinking he is an A-grade nob or did I just miss the thanks North, greatly appreciate the opportunity, made some great friends etc.
Pretty out of line tbh, Shaun was super respected around the club and loved by the playing group. Just because he didn't do a token social media post when he left doesn't make him a knob.

Speaking of Higgo, am I right in thinking he is an A-grade nob or did I just miss the thanks North, greatly appreciate the opportunity, made some great friends etc.
You're not right.

Nah, he regularly spoke about how much he loved North and appreciated how his time here pretty much rejuvenated a flagging career. IIRC he made a post on Instagram when he left and all the boys got around him. You just needed to hear how the likes of Simpkin spoke about him to see how popular he was.

I'm sure I saw him do it a few times as he left. One video and SM.

Higgo was great. I saw him and Jy at the Cooly Airport after the 2018 season. Jy was hanging off every word and Higgo didn't stop talking about footy, specificially stuff could use in the following season. It was great for Jy and to me its obvious that mentorship has made Jy the player he is now. Even to the point where in that video of him he was trying to coach Powell even tho he's only a few seasons older. If Higgo was a flog stuff like that wouldn't have happened.

I legitimately worry about our ability to actually field a side over the next couple weeks.

Our injury list is the worst of any team I can remember in recent history.

Poor bugger, hopefully a quick recovery. Imagine they will probably go the cast route rather than placing a plate if he wants to get back asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo, we have out of our 22/23....

Macca
Trenty
The Jedinator
The Corrs
Polecat
Tazzzzz
Stevo

Not a bad return for money 7 out of 22...

Good luck Jaydo, hope it gets better soon just loved the way the guys got around him when he got that goal...

woof. Dumont back this week after a half decent VFL showing. Maybe Phillips takes Stevo role? Ford is undercooked, but will get the call up in the very near future with the way are we going.

*, I did this injury last year.
I'm an exercise physiologist and I found it so damn difficult to train through. It's more tedious or a nuisance than anything. Pretty sure no direct weight loading for 4-6 weeks because the fracture could get worse.

Good news is he can work on his running and lower limb work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back