Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Do they usually put a pin in it?
I actually work with the sets they use for these at work.

We have an ortho surgeon whose specialty is sports, and he generally uses a Medartis Aptus Plate set.

Just helps keep stability of the fracture while it heals and is minimally invasive for what they do.

1620641578030.png

Yeah, a bone that can be tricky to heal, due to the way it gets its blood supply, which is needed for healing.

We are cursed this season.
Rotten luck for Stevo and the club in general.

And yes they can be tricky.

I had a wrist reconstruction as a result of an undiagnosed scaphoid fracture that lead to a arthritis in my wrist (thankfully fine now).

I actually work with the sets they use for these at work.

We have an ortho surgeon whose specialty is sports, and he generally uses a Medartis Aptus Plate set.

Just helps keep stability of the fracture while it heals and is minimally invasive for what they do.

View attachment 1123881

Thanks heaps for the info!

Titanium?
High strength Titanium Alloy

1620642495914.png

Yeah the little endobutton for my knee set me back about that as well! Blew my socks off when I got the bill.
Yup, the costs of the little bits and pieces disposables really rack up! Then add in cost for Doctors, nursing staff, the OR itself, anaesthetist etc... soon racks up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

High strength Titanium Alloy

View attachment 1123897

Yup, the costs of the little bits and pieces disposables really rack up! Then add in cost for Doctors, nursing staff, the OR itself, anaesthetist etc... soon racks up

Yeah, that's not bending in a hurry.

1620642801029.png

Stephenson and Walker join the likes of Robbie Tarrant (kidney), Luke McDonald (pec), Jed Anderson (ankle), Jarred Polec (hamstring), Dom Tyson (calf), Aiden Bonar (ankle), Aidan Corr (foot) and Kyron Hayden (hamstring) on the injury list along with younger players in Flynn Perez (knee), Charlie Comben (leg), Patrick Walker (hip), Matt McGuinness
(foot) and Phoenix Spicer (hamstring).

FMD
What's wrong with Walker?

Both Walkers out?

We have no Walkers. Only crawlers.

“Jaidyn can’t recall a specific incident when the injury took place and will now be out for about six weeks.”

He overloaded it from the weight of carrying North on his own for 8 rounds.

Must have been a little leftover Collingwood injury luck. Goes in for general soreness comes out needing surgery for a bone I haven't heard of.

Apparently he broke it when umpire Dean Margetts ran into him exiting Marvel stadium carpark Saturday night 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Season from hell. Wake me up when September ends. The next month we have (had) very winnable games but you need 22 fit blokes to win a game.

At this stage ALL that I’m asking for is one win this season. Just checked and the last time we ‘won’ the wooden spoon in 1972 we won a single game. Can we at least the f*** manage to do that? Truly believe we’re heading in the right direction but no more f****** injuries please!!!!!!#%! F***!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back