Past Kaiden Brand - delisted 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

YEYhmWbR.jpg

Kaiden Brand

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans gave their backline a boost with the signing of key defender Kaiden Brand via the 2019 delisted free-agency period. Brand played 43 AFL games with Hawthorn after becoming a Hawk via pick 66 at the 2012 AFL Draft. The South Australian will battle Dane Rampe, Aliir Aliir, Lewis Melican and Jack Maibaum for a position in Sydney’s backline in 2020.

Kaiden Brand

DOB: 08 April 1994
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Hawthorn

Last edited:

1572586586893.png

Welcome to the Swans young man. Some big shoes to fill in defence, just remember that none of them started with a blaze of glory, but they sure left that way.

Play your role, it is what you make of it. I’m sure you’re happy finally wearing colours that don’t make you want to vomit

Go Bloods:largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

VFL stats

2019 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 14 games
  • 2 goals
  • 4 behinds
  • 6 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.4 kicks
  • 4.8 handballs
  • 16.2 disposals
  • 7.8 marks
  • 2.2 tackles
  • 0.4 frees for
  • 0.5 frees against
  • 0.4 clearances
  • 0.4 hitouts
  • 1.4 inside 50s
  • 3.6 rebound 50s
  • 76.50 Dream Team points
2018 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 14 games
  • 0 goals
  • 1 behind
  • 1 time in best players list

Averages
  • 11.6 kicks
  • 5.0 handballs
  • 16.6 disposals
  • 6.6 marks
  • 1.5 tackles
  • 0.5 frees for
  • 0.7 frees against
  • 0.9 inside 50s
  • 4.6 rebound 50s
  • 69.07 Dream Team points
2017 No VFL games

2016 (Box Hill Hawks)
Totals

• 7 games
  • 1 goal
  • 1 behind
  • 1 time in best players list

Averages
  • 10.3 kicks
  • 5.4 handballs
  • 15.7 disposals
  • 6.1 marks
  • 2.3 tackles
  • 0.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 1.0 inside 50s
  • 3.0 rebound 50s
  • 69.14 Dream Team points

You might be pleasantly surprised with what Brand can offer.

Seen him play some pretty solid games for the Hawks. Good overhead mark and pretty good skills for a big fella.

For some reason though Clarko never sermed to take to him.

Did you think Frawley was significantly better than Brand as a player over the last couple of seasons? It seemed that they were competing for the one spot, by my reckoning.

Did you think Frawley was significantly better than Brand as a player over the last couple of seasons? It seemed that they were competing for the one spot, by my reckoning.
I think Frawley actually had almost his best year for the Hawks this year so in that regards I suppose he was significantly better than Brand this year at least.

I always felt though that the Hawks never did Brand any favors by constantly dropping him after only a couple of games in a row.

If he has a coach who backs him in for an extended run of games I think he could actually be a handy player. He certainly has the physical attributes and the skills, for Kaiden it is more about the mental side and gaining confidence in his ability to compete at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brand’s signing says a bit about where Melican is at.

Reckon he’s a prudent signing as he fills a real need.

With Grundy retired, Pink not earning another contract and Maibaum possibly not on the list next year too, it is clear we had to bolster our key defence stocks. It doesn't necessarily reflect a lack of confidence in Melican. It might... but not necessarily.

Dead set thought that Brand must have accidently sent a Rodney shot to Clarkos wife by mistake. Clarko gave Tim O brien 50 games to come good. Brand showed enough for me but never got the chance to develop. Coach didn't like him.

Pros : good size, beautiful kick, quick & Athletic. Does right most of the time. Dominates VFL

Cons: panics under pressure at times, and sometimes just has moments of spuddery.

Was always still a new player and never got a solid run at it. I reckon it could end up being a very astute pickup.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dead set thought that Brand must have accidently sent a Rodney shot to Clarkos wife by mistake. Clarko gave Tim O brien 50 games to come good. Brand showed enough for me but never got the chance to develop. Coach didn't like him.

Pros : good size, beautiful kick, quick & Athletic. Does right most of the time. Dominates VFL

Cons: panics under pressure at times, and sometimes just has moments of spuddery.

Was always still a new player and never got a solid run at it. I reckon it could end up being a very astute pickup.

Adelaide fans told us Mattner panicked under pressure but he turned out to be a great player for us so I hope we can s the same thing with Brand.

Yeah my take is the same as yours, I've watched plenty of his AFL games and confident in his capability as our new fullback.

That is such a low bar for 2019 Melican its not even a bar.
Can we cut him some slack? He is still only 22, he had a whole year out due to injury and then due to injuries to our KPD stocks he got pushed on to some of the stronger forwards in the game when before he might have taken the second or third best in the opponents forward line. He didn't do as well as he did in 2017, certainly, but I don't really get the non-stop sniping.

Can we cut him some slack? He is still only 22, he had a whole year out due to injury and then due to injuries to our KPD stocks he got pushed on to some of the stronger forwards in the game when before he might have taken the second or third best in the opponents forward line. He didn't do as well as he did in 2017, certainly, but I don't really get the non-stop sniping.

Exactly Robbie.
Reg Grundy came of age at about 23 years & without the hiccup of an injury interrupted season that Melican had in 2018 so no doubt he is rated by the club.

I will cut him the appropriate slack when he's no longer a professional footballer, taking a list spot, and earning a salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back