Senior 2. Lachlan Cowan

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t agree more. Of all the weaknesses I hear when being associated with a player, the one of which I am most wary is if they have difficulty in finding the ball. I can’t remember a player we’ve drafted in this category who went on to develop the skill.

SPS is the case in point. Gosh he looked a magnificent footballer in so many ways. But he could just never find the ball. I actually think that’s a fair part of the reason why we turned him into a BP / HBF flank, we just needed the ball to find him.

I’ll be honest that even if he overcomes his injuries, it is also the reason I never really hold out much hope for Cuningham. Though, of course, I hope I am wrong.
SPS averaged 24 possessions for Claremont colts, he was a high-possession midfielder. Stocker averaged 23 possessions.

I couldn’t agree more. Of all the weaknesses I hear when being associated with a player, the one of which I am most wary is if they have difficulty in finding the ball. I can’t remember a player we’ve drafted in this category who went on to develop the skill.

SPS is the case in point. Gosh he looked a magnificent footballer in so many ways. But he could just never find the ball. I actually think that’s a fair part of the reason why we turned him into a BP / HBF flank, we just needed the ball to find him.

There was that one game against the bulldogs where Cripps gave SPS an armchair ride - there was almost a 6th sense between them, but it was a oncer.

Spoke to a couple of local tassie boys recently and the subject turned to football. Mentioned Cowan and they were very complimentary about him. They said he was a very physical player that's been playing against men for the last 2 years and playing well.
Mentioned his booming right peg as well.

They were very optimistic about his career going forward, big wraps.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Impossible to judge based on highlights and a couple of games, but Cowan just looks like a serious player. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up easily being our best draftee since Gibbs.
I think Walsh might be a better player. But I agree, he looks like he has the physicality and attitude to make it

Impossible to judge based on highlights and a couple of games, but Cowan just looks like a serious player. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up easily being our best draftee since Gibbs.
9, 18, 23 scratching their heads.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll leave this right here.

335349009_935483780959028_341151191091519285_n.png

Thinking a long way ahead but given the Tasmanian team is proposed to come in 2027 would have preferred to not have Cowan come out of contract then. If he is any good they will throw buckets of money at him. Would get better compensation if he's under contract. Obviously a heap can play out between now and then so its just a thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back