Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Remove this Banner Ad

The club can actually get f***ed for giving him up. I hope he goes on and becomes a gun (was in 2015, he will bounce back) so Collingwood can suffer for it.
As someone who would have watched him regularly, is his kicking and decision making as bad as some are making out?

great pick up Kangas. for the life of me I cant understand how we gave him away to you guys so cheaply. his disposal is not great , but he is quick , tough and has great defensive capabilities. reportedly his off field is not good, but imagine how good he can become if he sorts that out. very unhappy with this trade. good luck to him with you guys

His 2016 wasn't great, like many teammates. But a year ago I'd seriously have thought a trade of Wells for Williams wasn't totally unfair - young, good defender, some dash, basically made Heath Shaw dispensable, can still improve - so I am pretty happy with this cheap trade now. As long as he can get some of the silly sniping onfield and all of it off field out of the picture, he should be a very good addition to the team and can have an immediate impact.

Wish him all the best, He's tough and reasonably quick. Has no right foot, turns the ball over repeatedly and makes poor decisions too often.
Was way out of favour at Collingwood and was behind several others fighting for the same spot. Of field he has some issues. Played a lot of VFL this year and didn't dominate. Does a lot of little dinky 15m kicks and has a predictable side step move that worked two years ago and doesn't now.
If your club can get his head right he's a good get....I hope you can for his sake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must get jumper 11

Yeah, let's not go hog wild.

Warming to this trade. Cost us next to zip, and always happy to see blokes in the side with some campaigner in them. Wish we had more of it. Agree that his disposal certainly isn't top-shelf but I think some of the criticism is a little overstated. On the plus side, a lockdown type with good pace has some real potential positive flow-ons for the current side. He can be a bit up and down but hopefully we can sort that out.

Not popping the cork on the Cristal, but happy enough to trust in the club and Jah on this one.

So, do we believe that reporters question of Marley being plan B to Touhey? I actually preferred this one, based on age, picks and cost value

Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of Williams but Of the few highlights I've seen is a comparison to Jess Sinclair fair?

More defensively equipped than Joffa but similar with the run and carry, just not as good a kick.

More importantly, does anyone know if he is close mates with Swanny, Dusty & Jake King?

I'd say he probably was plan b to Tuohy. We would have paid a premium for Tuohy being more dependable fitness wise, as well as being able to defend slightly larger opponents.

I wonder if this changes the plan regarding the delisting of 1 of Mckenzie or Mullett?

As for what happened at the Pies, my guess is he got on Bucks' wrong side somewhere along the way (probably for not carrying out instructions and/or giving away stupid free kicks) & that was pretty much it. Bucks does not hold grudges well.

Perfect, even Cam Joyce acknowledged that bringing him in allows other players to move up the ground. Operation HBF's playing in their natural position is in full go ahead for 2017.

Although we basically got him for nothing which is all good and well, but I just can't see him getting a game ahead of anyone in our backline, or is he just a depth player for injuries etc?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back