Player Watch #2: Marley Williams - aka the NZ Appreciation Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
The guy is a cancer inside of our club and dragging younger players down with him just be thankful that you are not reading any headlines about it but he needs to be delisted ASAP
Personally, I reckon people like you are a cancer and you need to be delisted asap.

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #1,078
The guy is a cancer inside of our club and dragging younger players down with him just be thankful that you are not reading any headlines about it but he needs to be delisted ASAP
Curious comments considering the positive media that has come through from the club during his time there.

However Buckley was happy to punt him for free too.

Hopefully the truth lies with the former.

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From everything I've been told Williams is a reformed party boy. Used to love it at Collingwood, but since his assault charge he has been on the straight and narrow.

I have not heard one negative thing about him off field since he started at the club. In fact all I've heard is positive things with him focusing on his business (wellness centre) & his involvement in the huddle.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
REPORTS: North Melbourne player caught up in drunken night club fight

The South Melbourne incident is still being investigated.

Ben Cotton

EDITOR
January 22, 2019 - 10:48 pm

North Melbourne defender Marley Williams has been fined for his involvement in a night club scuffle, according to a report by the Herald Sun.
The 25-year old reportedly stepped in to help a friend in the 2am altercation on Sunday morning at the Albion Rooftop venue in South Melbourne – owned by former Collingwood teammate Dane Swan.

Police were called on reports of assault and confirmed that a 25-year old was handed a penalty infringement notice for being drunk in a public place.
It is understood that Williams became involved after his friend was headbutted and left concussed, getting struck himself before immediately exiting the venue after the fight.

The ex-Magpie avoided a jail sentence in 2014 for an incident that left a man with a broken jaw in Western Australia.

https://www.zerohanger.com/north-me...-EvVvXnBdp4w-1l3eWzmZdGy2JOndbmGErwQ6QW3tj7dQ

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MVFC, Storm, Everton, Socceroos
Moderator #1,086
Nothing to see here if the report is true. Stuck up for a mate while a tad under the weather. Moving right along...........

The fact is there are troublemakers to be found in pubs and clubs so things can and do occur periodically. Apart from his mate being head butted this appears a victimless incident which came and went without anyone being hurt or offended.

Pfffft.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
IT is not even remotely true , i have to hand it to heath for the spin the club has put on it and most likely no serious charges will be laid because Marley's "MATE" was seriously hurt so if one party presses charges so could the other

But i have said this before and ill say it again he needs to be delisted ASAP he is dragging players down with him and we are becoming the new Collingwood
i cringe every time someone has him in the best 22
What players are being negatively influenced by him? And in what way? From what I can tell his social circle is pretty much outside the footy club.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IT is not even remotely true , i have to hand it to heath for the spin the club has put on it and most likely no serious charges will be laid because Marley's "MATE" was seriously hurt so if one party presses charges so could the other

But i have said this before and ill say it again he needs to be delisted ASAP he is dragging players down with him and we are becoming the new Collingwood
Were you there? You seem upset

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Do you know someone who was involved? or were you involved?

Because that report seems pretty clear cut to me, and if his mate was headbutted I wouldn't blame him at all for stepping in.

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you know someone who was involved? or were you involved?

Because that report seems pretty clear cut to me, and if his mate was headbutted I wouldn't blame him at all for stepping in.
The same poster was bagging Ziebell for being out at the Albion when Simpkin had the scooter thing

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im nowhere near as mad at Simpkin for messing up as i am about the fact Jack was with him at the Albion and way more drunk then he was the players this off season have been partying like they won the premiership and not like they have won 8 freaking games in the last season and a half we dont just have a talent issue but a leadership issue , who are our young leaders? Mcdonald ? Clark? HA and whos the head of our football department..... Cameron Joyce?
Hey No Bull what was the reason for jack to miss out on any club sanctions?
I’m tipping this poster works at the Albion.

gokangas

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
WTF is Marley doing out drunk in a public place at 2am? Doesn’t auger well in terms of discipline, especially a bloke with priors. Might have been unlucky and maybe was just trying to stop a fight. But should not have been in that position.

Last edited:

kangatime

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why would you bag out the owners mate if you worked there? Crazy if so.

What pick up line do you use? Got a mate who's just become single and needs some help.
Employees bagging owners in hospitality? Perish the thought.

They might not work there but it’s a bit of a coincidence don’t you think?

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #1,098
Won't judge the social implications of Marley's conduct because we only have the news article and a poster's take on it to judge by.

However purely from a football perspective, would hope our players are taking their condition more seriously than being out on the drink at 2AM. Wellness centres lol. Try getting some sleep instead.

Uber Roo

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why would you bag out the owners mate if you worked there? Crazy if so.

What pick up line do you use? Got a mate who's just become single and needs some help.
“ Good morning, how was your night?” is the usual starting question
I try to keep it professional

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom