Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy is a cancer inside of our club and dragging younger players down with him just be thankful that you are not reading any headlines about it but he needs to be delisted ASAP

Personally, I reckon people like you are a cancer and you need to be delisted asap.

The guy is a cancer inside of our club and dragging younger players down with him just be thankful that you are not reading any headlines about it but he needs to be delisted ASAP

Curious comments considering the positive media that has come through from the club during his time there.

However Buckley was happy to punt him for free too.

Hopefully the truth lies with the former.

From everything I've been told Williams is a reformed party boy. Used to love it at Collingwood, but since his assault charge he has been on the straight and narrow.

I have not heard one negative thing about him off field since he started at the club. In fact all I've heard is positive things with him focusing on his business (wellness centre) & his involvement in the huddle.

REPORTS: North Melbourne player caught up in drunken night club fight

The South Melbourne incident is still being investigated.

Ben Cotton

EDITOR
January 22, 2019 - 10:48 pm

North Melbourne defender Marley Williams has been fined for his involvement in a night club scuffle, according to a report by the Herald Sun.
The 25-year old reportedly stepped in to help a friend in the 2am altercation on Sunday morning at the Albion Rooftop venue in South Melbourne – owned by former Collingwood teammate Dane Swan.

Police were called on reports of assault and confirmed that a 25-year old was handed a penalty infringement notice for being drunk in a public place.
It is understood that Williams became involved after his friend was headbutted and left concussed, getting struck himself before immediately exiting the venue after the fight.

The ex-Magpie avoided a jail sentence in 2014 for an incident that left a man with a broken jaw in Western Australia.

https://www.zerohanger.com/north-me...-EvVvXnBdp4w-1l3eWzmZdGy2JOndbmGErwQ6QW3tj7dQ

Nothing to see here if the report is true. Stuck up for a mate while a tad under the weather. Moving right along...........

The fact is there are troublemakers to be found in pubs and clubs so things can and do occur periodically. Apart from his mate being head butted this appears a victimless incident which came and went without anyone being hurt or offended.

Pfffft.....

IT is not even remotely true , i have to hand it to heath for the spin the club has put on it and most likely no serious charges will be laid because Marley's "MATE" was seriously hurt so if one party presses charges so could the other

But i have said this before and ill say it again he needs to be delisted ASAP he is dragging players down with him and we are becoming the new Collingwood
i cringe every time someone has him in the best 22
What players are being negatively influenced by him? And in what way? From what I can tell his social circle is pretty much outside the footy club.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

IT is not even remotely true , i have to hand it to heath for the spin the club has put on it and most likely no serious charges will be laid because Marley's "MATE" was seriously hurt so if one party presses charges so could the other

But i have said this before and ill say it again he needs to be delisted ASAP he is dragging players down with him and we are becoming the new Collingwood

Were you there? You seem upset

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know someone who was involved? or were you involved?

Because that report seems pretty clear cut to me, and if his mate was headbutted I wouldn't blame him at all for stepping in.

Im nowhere near as mad at Simpkin for messing up as i am about the fact Jack was with him at the Albion and way more drunk then he was the players this off season have been partying like they won the premiership and not like they have won 8 freaking games in the last season and a half we dont just have a talent issue but a leadership issue , who are our young leaders? Mcdonald ? Clark? HA and whos the head of our football department..... Cameron Joyce?
Hey No Bull what was the reason for jack to miss out on any club sanctions?

I’m tipping this poster works at the Albion.

Whilst this whole Marley thing is just a storm in a tea cup, I’m having serious concerns about The Albion as a hangout

Have picked up from there a few times, and it’s starting to remind me of The Tunnel of the 90s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WTF is Marley doing out drunk in a public place at 2am? Doesn’t auger well in terms of discipline, especially a bloke with priors. Might have been unlucky and maybe was just trying to stop a fight. But should not have been in that position.

Last edited:
Won't judge the social implications of Marley's conduct because we only have the news article and a poster's take on it to judge by.

However purely from a football perspective, would hope our players are taking their condition more seriously than being out on the drink at 2AM. Wellness centres lol. Try getting some sleep instead.

Why would you bag out the owners mate if you worked there? Crazy if so.

What pick up line do you use? Got a mate who's just become single and needs some help.

“ Good morning, how was your night?” is the usual starting question
I try to keep it professional

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back