Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Fair call. I feel ashamed. I suppose his “priors” were Collingwood issues so that absolves him of all balme.

No need for "shame" mate, just one old schooler pointing out something to another.

Respect is maintained.

I’m generally well disposed towards Marley. I really know nothing about him personally but I like him - for whatever reason, along with the fact that he’s a solid member of NMFC. However, the worrying point about this is that the vast, vast majority of players manage to stay out of the way of this type of trouble. Having said that, I wasn’t in the Albion, so I don’t know the full story.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
The only thing nanny are the old folks that refer back to 20+ years ago and still think the same rules apply. Back then players still had full-time jobs and didn't train every day. Back then you could smoke in the change room and swig a beer and everything was fine.

The professionalism in sport has evolved and the only people that got left behind were you. You know what also changed? Player pay. They can go back to drinking til 7am if they want, but instead of an average wage of 375k they could just get 150k instead.

Players weren't working full time jobs in 1998.

I would prefer to have 150k in my hand in 1999 than 375k today. I brought a house in Moonee Ponds in 1999 for 187k - its now worth 1.1 million.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I would prefer to have 150k in my hand in 1999 than 375k today. I brought a house in Moonee Ponds in 1999 for 187k - its now worth 1.1 million.
Some were. Only the better players avoided it. I know because Phillip Matera came over to my brother's house and to do some electrical work. At the time he was playing for West Coast.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

I'll give you double what you paid for it.

Employees bagging owners in hospitality? Perish the thought.

They might not work there but it’s a bit of a coincidence don’t you think?
If he/she does work there I’m sure everyone knows he//he’s a North Person. Wouldn’t take much for someone to figure out who it is. Time and a place to bag the boss.

Very much a coincidence. Was there or knew someone that was.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
... and then get upset about them drinking.

In a pub.

Go figure.

Which again makes me think works there. Security? Door bitch? Bus boy? Bar tenders are usually pretty chill. Boyfriend/father m of someone who works there and is a bit touchy about afl players being around his girlfriend/daughter.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Doesn’t Dane Swan own the pub?
One of a number of investors, it seems.

Fortunately for The Albion’s investors – a high-profile group including ex-Collingwood football player Dane Swan; ex-Melbourne Storm players Robbie Kearns and Danny Williams; and publicans the Darcy Group – the hotel is finally open.

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/food-and-drink/article/albion-fire-then-rooftop-bar

The Darcy Group being Luke Darcy, apparently.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was this time last year that Jy was playing "dodge ems" with moped riders...... so the lads out having a slurp during preseason isnt new.

Marley was there supporting a mate, not him getting tossed out on his backside from the security staff.

No biggy in my eyes.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have noticed that some of our players move better on a kebab trip than during games .....

th

th

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Without seeing the bloke, Im pretty comfortable saying Marley could have put him into 2020 if he chose.

He's a little rough around the issues, but this doesn't seem much. It's not the day before a game.
I genuinely had to check to see if it was Jisse W Smuth. Or Onip. Or whatever he calls himself.

You know the guy I'm talking about. Funny guy. Always talking about Tender Touch and stuff.

Back