Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Was the battle of the day, surpassing Andrews Brown. Marley killed him until he got hurt. But the mark of an absolute star is how he takes his opportunities when he's not having his day. Cameron is an absolute star.

And Marley shut him down for most of the contest.

I hope his leg is right cos that was a massive performance and kept us in the game.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He was absolutely due.

Just a shame about the ankle/foot.

Still turned the ball over 5 times from 7 disposals.

We need to surround him with good ball users, so we can use him as an old school complete lock down defender which he excels in.

Cameron got a goal each in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (ironically, the first was from the ball returning from an OOF by Marley), so I don't subscribe to the view that Marley was beating him. I think he was breaking even.

We'd enthusiastically acclaim any North small forward who kicked 2 goals, let alone ending with 4.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cameron got a goal each in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (ironically, the first was from the ball returning from an OOF by Marley), so I don't subscribe to the view that Marley was beating him. I think he was breaking even.

We'd enthusiastically acclaim any North small forward who kicked 2 goals, let alone ending with 4.

The second quarter was a freakish over the top Joe the goose when the ball fell in the Bris players arms. No small defender in history could have done much about that. The rest of Cameron's contribution occurred when Marley did his ankle.

The second quarter was a freakish over the top Joe the goose when the ball fell in the Bris players arms. No small defender in history could have done much about that. The rest of Cameron's contribution occurred when Marley did his ankle.
Not how I saw it, but not worth arguing about.

On LG-H990 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last line of defence when all fails, and you can always rely on Marley to carry that burden and pull off something heroic.

And his tackle when the game was on the line was the definition of a heroic effort.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

bqELZp.gif

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another player brought in from another club who has improved with us. Really fits in well with the North crew. Possibly underappreciated by some?
Can't remember how many years we lamented the lack of a quality small defender and Marley has simply put that discussion to bed. Such an important role he plays.

Back