Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
>at least 2020
Guessing there are some performance/match requirements there for automatic renewals. A case of worrying about longterm health (carrying something nasty we don't really know of?), thinking we have blokes coming through that could overtake him, or just a change in approach regarding contracts?

I would be happy to give him 2 years, given he's about to turn 26 and has plenty of good football left in him.
But at the same time, I reckon it's good to see the club being more cautious when giving out extensions.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Signed until at least 2020 suggests there is another year or two in the deal if he reaches certain KPI’s/triggers.

Which is fair enough considering he had pretty serious back surgery only 12 months ago.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Ridiculously important player for us. Just an outstanding small defender.

And for a guy who, let's be honest, is a ******* terrible kick, he does hit the odd belter haha. I wasn't sure that Pittard and he could work in the same backline with their respective limitations with the ball, but in fact they seem to complement each other well as small/medium defenders. Jasper gets them in the air, Williams on the ground.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets

And for a guy who, let's be honest, is a ******* terrible kick, he does hit the odd belter haha. I wasn't sure that Pittard and he could work in the same backline with their respective limitations with the ball, but in fact they seem to complement each other well as small/medium defenders. Jasper gets them in the air, Williams on the ground.

Disagree about his kicking ability. Was hitting targets all night.

He hit some Ahern like kicks tonight. He can kick well but his kicking is patchy.

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
Probably one of most important structural recruits of the last 10 years.
This was a position we constantly got destroyed in until Marley.
He is one of the best small defenders in the comp and provides excellent rebound through creative plays.
Why we only gave him one year when we saw fit to sign McDonald and MacMillan on 3 year deals is staggering.

Back