Autopsy 2-men down on the bench Brions spank Dogs 108-67

Remove this Banner Ad

At least we're now likely to maintain our record of failing to play finals at all after making a GF, and doing that twice will have Bevo one-up on Charlie and EJ, so he's clocking up the milestones this year.
Worst thing that could happen from here is slipping into finals and papering over the cracks

The hilarity of the umpire schooling Cameron on the correct technique for using his hands move his opponent off the ball after the game was just too ******* much. Especially when he'd been using his hands to push his opponent under the ball all night.

Anyways...We have 5-9 best 22 players currently out of the side and our lack of quality depth was shown for what it is. Its just too big a gap and exposes the deficiencies that have been apparent for a while for all the world to see. That is our terrible Key position stocks. The inability of our much vaunted midfield to rest control from sides when the pressure rises. Our woeful tackling across the board. Our inability to keep the ball inside our attacking 50 and setting up multiple scoring opportunities. And the inability of our mids when under pressure to hit a target by hand or foot, thus reverting to the worst of our season and going with the predictable of sitting it on top of Aaron Naughtons headband. This panicked practice has never really won us a game and never will.

Last edited:

No shame in getting beaten by Cameron , Scott tried his best and prevented a few more goals by his tenaciousness. He was asked to a task he wasn’t ready for.

Kicking for goal horrendous as ever , OOFs in good abundance tonight

We are so easy to rebound against . Our structure is absurdly midfield focussed . Our tackles slip too easily then one kick over our mids and they have four forwards to two defenders. And if those defenders are Dale & GArdner things get Keystone Cops real quick.

Poor old Schache lost himself again tonight, and I know he’ll be dropped again next week. When he loses faith in himself he struggles to regain it. It’s torture watching him out there, I hope he retires soon.

Punching the ball instead of marking it is fine if you’re sending it over the boundary line. But punching it over the 50 into the chest of an opponent is recklessly stupid.

We huffed and puffed after quarter time but they soaked up our pressure easily and chipped away with a steady stream of goals.

I should take the Bev coaching position talk to the other thread, but he’s just seeing out his contract now & I really hope he walks at seasons end, I can’t understand his tactics any more . We’re walking into walls, then blaming the wall for being too hard.

It’ll be the same presser too - “yep we are working on our forward line chemistry and link Up with the mids”

No point us going for a gun key back. What’s the point? We continuously play out of position and on the counter we are a mess.

The hilarity of the umpire schooling Cameron on the correct technique for using his hands move his opponent off the ball after the game was just too ******* much. Especially when he'd been using his hands to push his opponent under the ball all night.
Cameron playing with Tom Hawkins rule book. Ridiculous how he shoves opponents under the ball and gets away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bunch of sad sacks!

During the week we were saying we need to win 5 of our last 8 (yes, some were saying 6 but historically 13 wins has been enough). Some of us were also saying that this week's game at the Gabba was going to be one of the hardest, along with Melbourne and Geelong. I was fully expecting a loss of about 20 points.

So we go up there and lose as expected and everyone says pull up stumps on 2022? Crikey, where's your ticker? I wouldn't want you lot beside me in the trenches.

We'll shyt it in against the Swans next week and you'll probably all be up and about again. Sheesh!

Last edited:
What a bunch of sad sacks!

During the week we were saying we need to win 5 of our last 8 (yes, some were saying 6 but historically 13 wins has been enough). Some of us were also saying that this week's game at the Gabba was going to be one of the hardest, along with Melbourne and Geelong. I was fully expecting a loss of about 20 points.

So we go up there and lose as expected and everyone says pull up stumps on 2022? Crikey, where's your ticker? I wouldn't want you lot beside me in the trenches.

We'll s**t it in against the Swans next week and you'll probably all be up and about again. Sheesh!
You expected to lose by 41 points? After having more inside 50s?

They scored on over 50% of their forward 50 entries. Reckon that’s a decent reason to be disappointed

Cameron playing with Tom Hawkins rule book. Ridiculous how he shoves opponents under the ball and gets away with it.
Its absurd when you consider the technical frees that got Brisbane on their 5 goal roll that effectively ended the game in the second.

The season was over after the Geelong game, join me in letting this season go, it feels much better.

loved Bedendo's debut, is quicker than i thought, will make it

wasnt West's best game but the kid has something

TOB is good depth but we cant play both him and /gardner

Keith is just horrible at the moment

keep playing JUH and Bedendo, get Darcy a few games for a taste then send him back.
theres an easy bottom out for us this year with our draw, and a decent draft pick and a better draw for next year as reward.

this team could easily lose a final by 100 plus if they got the wrong matchup with a few out, no thanks!

must get a second ruck and key defender in the off season, and review coaches, gameplan, outside 5 tactic

This game confirmed that we are not up to it this year for a number of reasons one been continuity as a result of selections and injuries. We have not beaten anyone of note apart from Sydney. That shows we are someway off the pace setters for this year and we are a 9th to 11th side.

Use the rest of 2022 to get players ready for 2023 including getting players end of season procedures done early.

Play JUH, Bendendo, Cleary , Schache, Garcia, Buku, West for the rest of the year in one position only.

Forget this standing off the mark experiment it by standing on it.

I thought we’d lose pregame, at quarter time I thought we’d win or lose a close one, same at half time.

It’s not that we lost that has me down and questioning the direction this team is heading it’s the manner in which we lost. That second half was diabolical and bar 2 junk time goals it was close enough to a 10 goals drubbing for a half

The different in that game was their small forwards vs our small defenders (minus our 3 best small defenders).

Scott won some solid 1 v 1 but the Lions did a magnificent job at isolating that matchup deep forward.

+7 inside 50s
+15 clearances
+9 contested possessions
Yet….
-41 points

* off. What a ******* disaster.

Bevo can sit on the bench and look animated if he wants, but we are consistently losing games through team selection and game plan. It’d be boring if it wasn’t so ******* frustrating.

Game plan is outdated. It needs to go in the bin for the rest of the year and start getting ready for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back