Autopsy 2-men down on the bench Brions spank Dogs 108-67

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle were doing it yesterday and look what happened… oh, wait
I can’t talk about yesterday as I didn’t watch but I’ve seen them do it before and it’s no way near as aggressive or religious as we do it - mostly just in the defensive 50 which is fine.

Plus they sit their defence back and have brilliant talls and interceptors in the backline, which is why it may work for them to try and force opposition to go long to a contest which they’re set up for and cut off.

We push our defence super high and then give the ball carrier space which just allows them to get it in over the back, and we have zero interceptors & average talls

Apples & oranges tbh

It’s largely the same group - no Bevo hasn’t changed but it’s now tiresome, I’m sick of it I can’t imagine how the players feel.

I know you’re keen to put the blame for this year entirely on the players application, or lack of it, like you’ve mentioned a few times - I agree they’re partly responsible but I just fail to see how anyone couldn’t agree that the seasons failure comes down to coaching.

Individually if you look at our year Naughty and English have had career best seasons in key roles. Baz, & arguably Dunks & Libba career best years in the middle, Macrae as consistent as ever, Bont down from his best but still better than most - Treloar a real poor couple of games but was flying before then. Cody & West putting in big games, Dale on track for AA in the backline and career best years for Ed and Gards (but admittedly still a poor level for Gards)

Keath, Williams & Daniel the only good players who have gone drastically backwards on their best - and we’ve of course missed Bruce. If it’s players application you’ve got an issue with then it’s a problem with the bottom end of the squads application - and that’s the non negotiable they have to bring, which they don’t enough.

I’m not rushing to blame the players when our top end talent dragging us across the line is the only reason we’re still alive in this season. When they’ve had to carry a number of s**t players week to week (partly team selection partly injuries), battle undersized with a shitty chop & change structure week to week, and are up against it with a game plan & defensive system which is probably a laughing stock in the eyes of the top clubs right now.

The players are not the issue here
I don't put all the blame on the players at all. Not every coaching decision has been good and I don't think the list is as good as people make out either... still a bit of a work in progress.

I disagree our mids are as good as ever (libba aside). Maybe offensively but definitely not defensively. The work rate without the ball is just not there this season, let alone the quarters and halves here and there where they switch off all together. The signs are getting worse with this group. Look at the end of last season... we all thought we were done, and then they decide to show up for the finals and get some amazing results. This season it's just the same, but more often.

We have talent no doubt, that's why it's frustrating when the application isn't there. They could be doing much more and while everyone loves an easy scapegoat, there needs to be some responsibility.

our biggest problem is time - its running out...
the defensive analysis provided by first crack is correct
but the reasons behind it are very understandable
and i don't think it has to do with game plan or the lack of effort exerted by burnt out footballers
key outs due to long and short term injury and mental issues have screwed us
we have run out of cattle and time is running out
if the following were playing against brisbane, defense would have looked a whole lot different
caleb
richards
english
durea
smith
quality players impossible to replace all

i didnt bet on this game
no coaching gameplan would have overturned the result when Mcomb is executing it

oh and btw while im at it

i cant see anything in JUH to suggest he is going to be elite -certainly not work ethic, or goal kicking or second efforts and defensive craft so what is it?
maybe im wrong watchung games on a screen is different than watching live

oh and btw while im at it

i cant see anything in JUH to suggest he is going to be elite -certainly not work ethic, or goal kicking or second efforts and defensive craft so what is it?
maybe im wrong watchung games on a screen is different than watching live
Thought his contested marking looked good last week. Generally has a few tricks ball in hand. Not setting the world on fire yet but year 2 after a few years interrupted with COVID…

Maybe not a top 3 elite forward but could be a top 10 one in 2025 and if you have 2 of those KPP it’s ticks the box for that end of the ground for a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back