Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough too, he was finished up by Watters when he was clearly good enough to play on. We let Jones go on probably 2 years past it, Roo was kicked out still playing well
He got the flick under Richo?

Couple of games that come to mind of premium Jonesy

2014 against Carlton where we beat them by a couple of goals. I remember being there and he used the ball so well that day, I'd have to look but I'm sure he kicked a couple of goals too. Was a massive win. Also remember it for James Frawley playing like Jonathan Brown.

Same year against Richmond, Richmond kicked something horrid like 10.20 and we beat them by a goal or 2. Jonesy pretty much went head to head with dusty, deledio, cotchin etc on his own. I remember taking a Richmond supporting girl for some cooked reason on a date there, and utensil blocked myself by telling her all day Trent cotchin had a hair transplant.

2015 mid year against the dogs, who were sitting top 4 or 5 at the time.

Also he was huge in entights 300th down at KP that year too. I don't think I ever realised how often he kicked goals.

Couple of games that come to mind of premium Jonesy

2014 against Carlton where we beat them by a couple of goals. I remember being there and he used the ball so well that day, I'd have to look but I'm sure he kicked a couple of goals too. Was a massive win. Also remember it for James Frawley playing like Jonathan Brown.

Same year against Richmond, Richmond kicked something horrid like 10.20 and we beat them by a goal or 2. Jonesy pretty much went head to head with dusty, deledio, cotchin etc on his own. I remember taking a Richmond supporting girl for some cooked reason on a date there, and utensil blocked myself by telling her all day Trent cotchin had a hair transplant.

2015 mid year against the dogs, who were sitting top 4 or 5 at the time.

Also he was huge in entights 300th down at KP that year too. I don't think I ever realised how often he kicked goals.

He had a period there where he was a superb kick for goal in 'big moments' - not that our club was any good for a lot of that period, but when we had a chance to actually win a game he would always come up clutch.

He had a period there where he was a superb kick for goal in 'big moments' - not that our club was any good for a lot of that period, but when we had a chance to actually win a game he would always come up clutch.
40m, slight angle set shot. Straight through eye diddle diddle.

Retires on 198 losses. 17 off Kade Simpson’s record. 2 more than Paul Roos. Genuinely takes a lot of resilience.

Retires on 198 losses. 17 off Kade Simpson’s record. 2 more than Paul Roos. Genuinely takes a lot of resilience.
While the overwhelming emotion around winning the flag is joy, you can’t help but feel a tinge of sadness for guys like Jones and Nev. Huge reasons why we’ve climbed to glory and arguably missed because they put their bodies on the line time and time again when we were getting horsed by hundred point margins.

There's a pic of him facetiming Harmes and ANB after the siren with a beer and a big smile. Not sure of anything else
I worry there's a little bit of bad blood (too strong of a word but struggling to think of another) with Jones and the club right now. Obviously twins timing couldn't have been worse and we know he wouldn't have been picked. But haven't seen anything anywhere on social media about the win from him or the family. Worry there will be some Joel Macdonald type issues.

That being said I'm sure he's all about the boys as seen in the facetime on the field.

I worry there's a little bit of bad blood (too strong of a word but struggling to think of another) with Jones and the club right now. Obviously twins timing couldn't have been worse and we know he wouldn't have been picked. But haven't seen anything anywhere on social media about the win from him or the family. Worry there will be some Joel Macdonald type issues.

That being said I'm sure he's all about the boys as seen in the facetime on the field.
I don't doubt he has bad blood but the club absolutely looked after him as best as it has with past club greats this year.
They offered him another year on the list when many thought he was cooked and he was able to get to 300th.

I think the club has been really respectful and would have had open and honest discussions where he was at. It's human nature that he would feel a bit pissed off and he's been on record in admitting this but I think in due time he'll look back and be extremely proud of his achievements.

I get the feeling that it's his wife who may have bad blood towards the club then what Nathan does.

Jonesy hasn't posted a single thing, but he and Jerri have both liked posts. He's understandably bitter about it, but hopefully that changes quickly.

As much as I love and respect him, any bad blood that goes on beyond a week or two is all on him. Completely understand he'd be bitter now but if he holds that as time goes on that is his problem. Club couldn't have been any better to him in the last couple years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are people looking too much into a lack of social media posts from a couple who have just had twins?
Probably, but it's not like there aren't posts going up post the granny. Fine to think there's nothing in it, but personally it's a little surprising there's nothing about the flag at all. Just hope he and the family are well!

Jesus Christ
Maybe Nathan Jones just doesn't live his life on social media like some sort of w***er

The bloke was on the couch, the front bar and on the fox pre game show sitting at the desk. He was video chatting the boys immediately after the win

Hes said 100x it's painful but he loves the club, just because he didn't tweet about it hes bitter? Maybe he doesn't wanna make it about him now! How ******* sad is the world when people think like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back