Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feel devastated for the bloke. Remember so many games I went to where the guy was really the only one to crack in and offer any semblance of competitive spirit.

And it’s not even comparable to Robert Murphy missing out because Nathan is not an absolute flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
You’d think that’s it for him. Bit emotional here even if I knew it was coming. Surely our first home game next year we can farewell him.

A11dAtP0w3R

Strong Premiership DNA
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
I still think every player that plays during the season should be considered a premiership player and be given a Premiership medal.
They do it in the NBA. I even remember when Anderson Varejao got traded from Cleveland to GS and few years ago when Cleveland won the title and he got a ring despite playing for the losing for Golden State in the finals.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
I still think every player that plays during the season should be considered a premiership player and be given a Premiership medal.
Agree. Someone plays all year then cops a prelim injury shouldn't be left out. I'm so happy our boys have embraced the whole 'everyone doing their part' mantra. So often you hear them speaking highly of blokes that aren't even playing.

Twoslabs

All Australian
Apr 13, 2008
Drunk in a ditch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Psyduck, Psyduck, Psyduck
Utmost respect, he's gone home to be with the Mrs at the birth of their twins.

BUT!!!!!

He's removed the distraction around the group, will you play Nathan, who will you drop, can you make him the sub. In one swift motion he's stopped the noise and allowed the group to get on with job at hand.

That IMHO is the mark of an absolute team man, said it before but can't say it enough.

PS my dad passed May this year, his twin sister is now at end of life at 86yrs old but determined to hang out for 14 days, 50+ year member, even the tiger in me wants you to do it :hearts:

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Utmost respect, he's gone home to be with the Mrs at the birth of their twins.

BUT!!!!!

He's removed the distraction around the group, will you play Nathan, who will you drop, can you make him the sub. In one swift motion he's stopped the noise and allowed the group to get on with job at hand.

That IMHO is the mark of an absolute team man, said it before but can't say it enough.

PS my dad passed May this year, his twin sister is now at end of life at 86yrs old but determined to hang out for 14 days, 50+ year member, even the tiger in me wants you to do it :hearts:
Great point actually, and it absolutely would be a media circus if he was still with the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad