Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have won it 2018 for Nate, that was his chance like 2000 was the chance for Neitz.

I think it’s fantastic he played on this season and got the 300th under his belt- he deserved it more than anyone. But this game is all about winning the premiership and any sentiment gets put firmly in the back seat to fielding the best possible team in September and on the big day.

It would be great if he can stay on at the club in some capacity and if he’s able to get a proper send off next season when crowds are allowed back at the G. It wouldn’t be right at all if this club legend doesn’t get a huge farewell.

hell still be involved with the club on some level, but agree with ILF, its over, going to be ******* busy with twins and two other kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that myself and other dees supporters probably undervalued him during our s**t years, i think only recently we've realised how large an impact this guy has had on the club. He was just such a constant for over 10 years, nothing ever had to be said about him, only how s**t everything else was.

He ends his career as a club legend and one of the few shining lights of over a decade of Demons football.

Love ya Jonesy

:(

Doesn’t seem like he’s all too happy about the way things have turned out either. Just the feeling I get. Club released the news and he’s not released a statement.

:(

Doesn’t seem like he’s all too happy about the way things have turned out either. Just the feeling I get. Club released the news and he’s not released a statement.
well he does have 2 brand new twins, i dare say he probably hasn't had much time on his hands

well he does have 2 brand new twins, i dare say he probably hasn't had much time on his hands
True but I also doubt he decided to do this this morning. He’d have had what he wanted to say prepared for a while. Seems like he thought he was a good chance to play some role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back