Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds right. Just remember being down and him kicking some big goals.

one a set shot from the right pocket and one a left footer from the boundary in the opposite pocket IIRC

I thought of the cats game in 2015 too , but went back and looked on DemonWiki and he wasn't even named in the best

Had to check his stats, 'cause wtf? Had 35 and a goal. What's he gotta do????

Had to check his stats, 'cause wtf? Had 35 and a goal. What's he gotta do????

Blame Supermercado hes in charge over there

Im glad you looked up and the stats and weren't just lazy like me cause I agree, that's one that stood out in my memory, loved the goal at the start of the 4th quarter where he shook off the Geelong tackler at the hips and rammed it thru from 45m

Blame Supermercado hes in charge over there

Im glad you looked up and the stats and weren't just lazy like me cause I agree, that's one that stood out in my memory, loved the goal at the start of the 4th quarter where he shook off the Geelong tackler at the hips and rammed it thru from 45m

You're lucky the Spencil didn't get in, he had a fantastic game that day.

The day Max arrived, it was all happening.

I remember the Hawks game in 2016 was called our 'watershed game' at the time but I think the Cats one in 2015 is a better example. That was the day I started to believe we were building towards something sustainable.

I remember the Hawks game in 2016 was called our 'watershed game' at the time but I think the Cats one in 2015 is a better example. That was the day I started to believe we were building towards something sustainable.

Enrights 300th, locals didn't even stay til the final siren they were so devastated. Beautiful day.

Its a very fond game in my memory.

Nibbler kicking a couple of first quarter goals in his second game, Garlett kicking 4 or 5 from memory, Bernie and Jones huge last quarters.

Ill never forget, someone posted a photo of Viney, looking back at a fallen Selwood on the turf with a cheeky smile on his face.

Id appreciate anyone talking about their favourite game Jonesey played, im drawing blanks, think ive suppressed so many of his best games due to how sh*t we were, need some reminding.
To me that game against the bombers in 2012 was an epic game by Jones, people remember for Colin garland going forward though. The other game that comes to mind was opening game in 2014 we lost but he absolutely carried the team. Another that popped in my head was 2015 vs Collingwood second game we won would have been around round 17 (which was my birthday weekend that's why I know)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the literal only shining light when we used to band together in here on game days where a 10 goal loss was seen as a good day out.

The epitome of a club man. Stuck through till the end.

I really hope Chunk gets to see the boys hold up that cup.

Thanks Nate!

This was the game I was talking about he took Murphy to the cleaners though Murphy got one back late. Also of note Howe was playing as an intercept defend even though it's Buckley who gets the credit Roos already unleashed it in 2014.
This is the goal it's about 1.20 in. Jones is on Murphy but somehow gets 10m away from him and kicks a bomb from 50. Look at Murphy pointing at Jones, someone pick up my man because I'm too lazy.
Screenshot_20210915-181515_YouTube.jpg

We blew it against the saints the week before and then took a big scalp.

oh I remember, the Toump game, played well then ****ed it all up when he went ball chasing and and let Montagna out the back for a goal with 5 secs left. Dont think ive raged harder after a game on here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back