Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think Jones needs to simplify things out the middle? Plays his best footy when extracting and then getting the ball forward.

Has struggled in both games this year IMO. Has also missed a few of his bread-and-butter, on the run from 50 shots.

Anyone else think Jones needs to simplify things out the middle? Plays his best footy when extracting and then getting the ball forward.

Has struggled in both games this year IMO. Has also missed a few of his bread-and-butter, on the run from 50 shots.
Yep I think he needs to lift a lot. He got smashed last week by Merrett and Zaharakis. Has got the luxury of not automatically being tagged this year but so far hasn't produced much this season. Needs to lead the side with intensity and aggression.

Yep I think he needs to lift a lot. He got smashed last week by Merrett and Zaharakis. Has got the luxury of not automatically being tagged this year but so far hasn't produced much this season. Needs to lead the side with intensity and aggression.
He needs to be a very efficient B+ player, rather than a limited A-grader. Needs to do more grunt work, rather than trying to make everything work perfectly. Never thought I'd say that about Jones! I reckon the pressure of captaincy has a lot to do with it, but he's still our best option.

He's playing a different role
He is trying to get outside the contest more to set us up with his ball use, I thought he was one of the few blokes who was able to hit up a target coming back into the middle of the ground
With Oliver Kennedy brayshaw Tyson etc he isn't needed to be the grunt man anymore and I actually think he will be a far more valuable link up player on the outside because he is probably our second smartest ball user after watts

Cameron Ling gave him 6/10 as a captain.

Equal with Rockliff and Goddard, GTFO you red-headed campaigner.
He's no nonsense, no frills. Wouldn't expect someone with Ling's media profile to appreciate that.

Gave Cotchin a 7 :$
:drunk:

In fairness, Cotchin's better half probably makes up almost half of that score. 4 of that 7 probably

Jonesy's wife needs to get involved more, not showing enough leadership at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14478342_916459571818840_5013650362687553536_n.jpg

Wonder how these go down...

Just about heard enough of the constant insinuation through the media that Jones may not be captain next year.
Personally, although I know there's a process, I'd like to have heard Goody just say something more definite like "Jones will be skipper next year" rather than leaving the door open for discussion. I'm sure Goody knows what he wants to do but his comments have encouraged the chatter among the mongers on SEN.
Jonesy captain next year without a doubt, why not just say so?

Just about heard enough of the constant insinuation through the media that Jones may not be captain next year.
Personally, although I know there's a process, I'd like to have heard Goody just say something more definite like "Jones will be skipper next year" rather than leaving the door open for discussion. I'm sure Goody knows what he wants to do but his comments have encouraged the chatter among the mongers on SEN.
Probably to "go through the process" . Would be a major shock if Jones wasn't Capt.

Probably to "go through the process" . Would be a major shock if Jones wasn't Capt.
Yeah but what a wank.
Fair to say if he wasn't captain next year the whole supporter group would riot so just say so.
Jam the process when you have a 28yo skipper who's going as well as he is.

The moment you worry about what people have to say on SEN....

The moment you worry about what people have to say on SEN....
No different to worrying about what people say on here TBH.
Not worried about what they say but just shouldn't even be up for discussion. Regardless of what the blokes on SEN say, I personally think Goody should have just said he'll be skipper because he will be. Why even leave it open?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back