Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus. Seems to have happened to a few AFL players in recent years, Walker/Sloane/Rohan and now Jones.
Think Sloane's child was stillborn (1% of pregnancies). Not saying they're not equally debilitating, but miscarriages are far more common. 1 in 4 women apparently: doesn't get spoken much but it happens a lot... pretty sure more than 50% of my friends with kids have gone through one miscarriage (or more).

Think Sloane's child was stillborn (1% of pregnancies). Not saying they're not equally debilitating, but miscarriages are far more common. 1 in 4 women apparently: doesn't get spoken much but it happens a lot... pretty sure more than 50% of my friends with kids have gone through one miscarriage (or more).
Must admit I’m glad they’re talking about it more. Such a s**t thing to have to go through especially if it’s after 12 weeks.

Jesus. Seems to have happened to a few AFL players in recent years, Walker/Sloane/Rohan and now Jones.

:(
Somewhere between 1 in 10 and 1 in 5 known pregnancies end up in miscarriage. They are pretty common, just most people might only tell a couple of people close to them and move on. Others like everyone to know, each to their own I guess

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Stillborn is 100 times worse than a miscarriage. You still have to deliver the baby, name it and bury it

I know plenty of people who have had miscarriages. Its not great but its not that bad, without being an arsehole it comes across as if people want sympathy a lot of times

A stillborn is ****ed up though, that would be hard to deal with, really hard

Stillborn is 100 times worse than a miscarriage. You still have to deliver the baby, name it and bury it

I know plenty of people who have had miscarriages. Its not great but its not that bad, without being an arsehole it comes across as if people want sympathy a lot of times

A stillborn is f’ed up though, that would be hard to deal with, really hard

Close family have been through a stillbirth and a loss due to labour complications. It’s almost impossible to describe how shattering it is - that kind of thing breaks people.

Close family have been through a stillbirth and a loss due to labour complications. It’s almost impossible to describe how shattering it is - that kind of thing breaks people.

honestly being lucky enough to have 2 kids I can’t imagine anything worse and how hard that must be - and I’m not the most sympathetic of people

honestly being lucky enough to have 2 kids I can’t imagine anything worse and how hard that must be - and I’m not the most sympathetic of people
Not often I think about a higher power but the family who had the child die from labour complications ended up having twins afterwards. Don’t know if it’s due to a god, cosmic karma or what but it was incredibly poetic when they were born.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not often I think about a higher power but the family who had the child die from labour complications ended up having twins afterwards. Don’t know if it’s due to a god, cosmic karma or what but it was incredibly poetic when they were born.

Yeah I'm by nature a believer in aliens and stuff but always struggled with the universe being anything other than indifferent. I have started to question that lately

:(
I think Ben Brown and his missus went through this this year?
Though one of many reason why he is leaving norf because they felt it wasn't handle well by the club?

I think Ben Brown and his missus went through this this year?
Though one of many reason why he is leaving norf because they felt it wasn't handle well by the club?
He doesn't wanna leave North, his management rejected a really good contract to start the year thinking they could do better and now North don't wanna pay close to that amount.

A stillborn is f’ed up though, that would be hard to deal with, really hard
Yeah I don't want to theorise on how people handle personal tragedies. It might be a lot more common, but everyone's circumstances are different (I'm sure people who have spent years trying to conceive would feel unimaginable grief at losing their child through miscarriage).

Yeah I don't want to theorise on how people handle personal tragedies. It might be a lot more common, but everyone's circumstances are different (I'm sure people who have spent years trying to conceive would feel unimaginable grief at losing their child through miscarriage).
An old schoolmate went through a miscarriage earlier this year. Can be incredibly painful for the woman physically in some situations. For her it was both trying to keep growing the baby and get it out like a period. Knocked her around quite badly for a few weeks. Would be very tough to experience.

But you do come across as one here tbh. Miscarriages are pretty shattering, but apparently talking about it in public or grieving makes the parents just want sympathy???

There's no hierarchy of grief here.

Just keep him FFS. Keep him as a rookie if need be. With smaller coaching groups, his experience will be invaluable.

Tulip in gameday threads : "Jones is finished"

Tulip everywhere else: "Keep him"

😂

I don't get the "experience" argument.
What experience.
Getting absolutely pumped for the last decade, unprofessionalism, shitting the bed.
Brown underpants-a-plenty down at Casey Fields (or wherever Demons are located these days).

Just give him a job coaching.

I don't get the "experience" argument.
What experience.
Getting absolutely pumped for the last decade, unprofessionalism, shitting the bed.
Brown underpants-a-plenty down at Casey Fields (or wherever Demons are located these days).

Just give him a job coaching.

I would have said it slightly differently but completely agree. 😂

Let's get him to 300 games coz we have nothing else going for us. What a s**t a club. 😂

I would have said it slightly differently but completely agree. 😂

Let's get him to 300 games coz we have nothing else going for us. What a sh*t a club. 😂
be the worst 300 game player ever. it'll be great to also have that s**t record as well

be the worst 300 game player ever. it'll be great to also have that sh*t record as well

That doesn't even bother me, been plenty of non stars make it to 300 games. When you're done you're ******* done though, and Jones has been done for 12months.

Would be pretty hollow for me as a supporter. Similar to how I felt with Brad Green towards the end of his career. Hanging round like a self centered prick when it's so bloody obvious he's done.

Would be a s**t decision by the club but even shitter and more pathetic one by Jones to carry on just for his own benefit while offering us absolutely nothing.

I hope the clubs has the balls to tell him no, but I have my doubts. Let's see how "ruthless" Goody really is.

Last edited:
That doesn't even bother me, been plenty of non stars make it to 300 games. When you're done you're ******* done though, and Jones has been done for 12months.

Would be pretty hollow for me as a supporter. Similar to how I felt with Brad Green towards the end of his career. Hanging round like a self centered prick when it's so bloody obvious he's done.

Would be a sh*t decision by the club but even shitter and more pathetic one by Jones to carry on just for his own benefit while offering us absolutely nothing.

I hope the clubs has the balls to tell him no, but I have my doubts. Let's see how "ruthless" Goody really is.
only 12months? yeah but he'd be the worst find someone shitter to hit the milestone. I agree though obviously. people using the junior thing is ridiculous. This club aint ******* ruthless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back