Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sorry to intrude (this is very off topic) but I’m hearing McDonald to Collingwood. Is he a good bloke?
Odd question, but easily answered I think. Good bloke who has been a great club man for Melbourne for years. Set the standard until recently in the 3 k run etc. Last few years his fitness has been curtailed by injury, and that has translated to his game day performance.

If you get him, good luck. I like the guy and I’d like to see him get back to his best in any colours.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Strange bloody question.
He's a choir boy.
C9ED16E5-495F-4080-BD42-CEB7C9648149.gif

I really think people are over complicating this, I don't think Jones is chasing 300, I think Jones wants to try and play in his 3rd finals series in 15 years. He might not be good enough to make the side but campaigners thinking keeping him as the 38th player on the list is a negative are just silly.

If Jones thinks he's anywhere close to best 22 in a finals team he needs to stop smoking crack.

Maybe he did some reading about Tonya Harding in the hub and met some dodgy GC bikes willing to help him out.

No need, the Melbourne football department is doing their best to make sure we won't play finals anyway. Hell get the games he needs to get to 300 no worries.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Chunk is still a better FP than Pickett
Agreed.

When it all clicks for Pickett though look out. But he's miles off it atm. And this is why we desperately need another crumber or two. It's amazing how inept we seem to be at recognising this. Yes Brown is a good acquisition, but small pressure forwards is one of, if not the biggest hole in our list and our strategy is to simply ignore this fact..

Being keeping track over the last few years to see if Jones will get to 100 wins or 200 losses first.

After 2018 it looked like 100 wins would come first, after 2019 it was 200 losses.

Right now he is on 95 wins and 198 losses with 3 draws.

I’m backing the 100 wins.

Being keeping track over the last few years to see if Jones will get to 100 wins or 200 losses first.

After 2018 it looked like 100 wins would come first, after 2019 it was 200 losses.

Right now he is on 95 wins and 198 losses with 3 draws.

I’m backing the 100 wins.
Would suck going out each week knowing you're a 66.6% chance of losing.

I hope you're correct, it would mean we would be 7-1 at worst.

Would suck going out each week knowing you're a 66.6% chance of losing.

I hope you're correct, it would mean we would be 7-1 at worst.
So many losing seasons, would be amazing if we could give a big winning season this year

6 season we were virtually uncompetitive
2 seasons in particular we were effectively a WRFL division 2 team and a poor one too

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did I see a stat during the game that Jones has now played the most games without ever finishing a round on top of the ladder? What a soul-crushing existence

The previous most was Drew Petrie

Will play his 300th against the tigers if my math is correct which will be a huge game. In true MFC fashion we'll probably celebrate it with a loss.

Did I see a stat during the game that Jones has now played the most games without ever finishing a round on top of the ladder? What a soul-crushing existence

The previous most was Drew Petrie
Had never finished a round 2nd on the ladder until this weekend either.

I am fairly sure our record of finishing on top of the ladder is putrid more broadly. Think Rd18 2004 was last time but before that you had to go back to the 60s.

His milestone games:
50 - 80 point loss
100 - 30 point loss
150 - 6 goal loss
200 - 6 goal loss
250 - 109 point win.

Based on the above he is due a win for his 300th and a big one!

Wasn't his 250th against the Dogs? Don't think we won that by 109pt.

Wasn't that the game where Tom Bugg trolled Johannisen? I think it was a ten goal win.

Back