2 of your most hated teams

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah you know the ones that get your blood boiling the ones that you hate so much you actually wnat to punch the supporters in the head each and every time.

For mines its these 2:

Geelong and Richmond

these 2 get my blood boiling at all times mind you.

I can handle every other team but these 2 i dispise the most.

I wish they folded.

Yeah you know the ones that get your blood boiling the ones that you hate so much you actually wnat to punch the supporters in the head each and every time.

For mines its these 2:

Geelong and Richmond

I wish they folded.
Eddie has been trying to "fold us".
Moving his club to Richmond.
Trying to rename Richmond Station to Victoria Station.
Trying to claim Richmond Paddock(the G)when we have been there since 1965.
The boy's club deals with Gilly that pillaged Tiger members.

There is no reason to hate opposition teams. It's childish and unnecessary. I used to partake in this group hysteria, but I've let it all go and I feel better for it.

You can enjoy footy just as much without hating opposition teams. Some people convince themselves that it is a necessary part of being mad, passionate fan... But I think it just makes the game shitter to get caught up in petty jealousies and hatred of opponents.

There's opposition players I greatly admire. There's opposition champions I'm less enthused about (for various reasons). Hate is too strong a word.

There's the bitter club rivalries: e.g. Hawks vs Essendon & Hawks v Geelong... Also Hawks v Sydney (2010's), Carlton (80's) and North (70's)
But I enjoy these rivalries as a positive thing. I don't feel the need to lose my mind over it and demean the opposition.

There's always a degree of jealousy and tall poppy syndrome towards any club who enjoying a successful dynasty and playing with arrogance and self belief. But it's still no reason to hate. Just see it for what it is: they're too bloody good and their fans are enjoying themselves. I wish it was us...

There's always a degree of animosity towards big clubs with feral fans: Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton... Some irritation at the media bias towards them. But that isn't their fault. That's just the media business... These "big 4" clubs have bigger fanbases, so of course they're going to have greater numbers of annoying loudmouth flogs who jump on the bandwagon. Every club has their fair share of toolbag fans.

Really, we're all the same. We might wear different colours, but we all share the same idiotic, irrational, unhealthy obsession.

I mainly like to follow my team: cheer them on through thick and thin, curse the umpires and grimace at my team's skill errors and sloppy defence.

But I also like to watch opposition teams play each other because I love the game.

Last edited:
There is no reason to hate opposition teams. It's childish and unnecessary. I used to partake in this group hysteria, but I've let it all go and I feel better for it.

My enjoyment of the game was not boosted by hating opposition teams. Some people convince themselves that it is a necessary part of being mad, passionate fan... But I think it just makes the game shitter to get caught up in petty jealousies and hatred of opponents.

Really, we're all the same. We might wear different colours, but we all share the same idiotic, irrational, unhealthy obsession.

I just like to follow my team and cheer them on... But I also like to watch opposition teams play each other because I love the game.
All a bit of fun mate.:moustache:
The thing is the "haters" and the passionate are the ones that provide the atmosphere at games.
Without them,games would be quieter than a church mouse.

My enjoyment of the game was not boosted by hating opposition teams. Some people convince themselves that it is a necessary part of being mad, passionate fan... But I think it just makes the game shitter to get caught up in petty jealousies and hatred of opponents.

I just like to follow my team and cheer them on... But I also like to watch opposition teams play each other because I love the game.
Ah rubbish, a bit of hate is healthy.

Wishing teams would fold though is taking it a bit far.

Richmond.. supporters are just plain scary

Carlton.. my all time most hated. Cheats and arrogant pricks galore
There is not a more arrogant supporter base than Geelong.
Foundation club and won eff all.
:p

You can enjoy footy just as much without hating opposition teams. Some people convince themselves that it is a necessary part of being mad, passionate fan... But I think it just makes the game shitter to get caught up in petty jealousies and hatred of opponents.

There's the bitter club rivalries: e.g. Hawks vs Essendon & Hawks v Geelong... Also Hawks v Sydney (2010's), Carlton (80's) and North (70's)
But I enjoy these rivalries as a positive thing. I don't feel the need to lose my mind over it and demean the opposition.

There's always a degree of jealousy and tall poppy syndrome towards any club who enjoying a successful dynasty and playing with arrogance and self belief. But it's still no reason to hate. Just see it for what it is: they're too bloody good and their fans are enjoying themselves. I wish it was us...

There's always a degree of animosity towards big clubs with feral fans: Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton... Some irritation at the media bias towards them. But that isn't their fault. That's just the media business... These "big 4" clubs have bigger fanbases, so of course they're going to have greater numbers of annoying loudmouth w***ers who jump on the bandwagon. Every club has their share toolbag fans.

I mainly like to follow my team: cheer them on through thick and thin, curse the umpires and grimace at my team's skill errors and sloppy defence.

But I also like to watch opposition teams play each other because I love the game.

yeah but its good banter and creates atmosphere also.

They're all insane IMO. However, if i had to pick three, i go for Hawks and Tgers fans at the top of the imbecoile ladder with Collingwood supporters a close third, but i give them some slack due to obvious mental incapacities. The only thing footy fans like more than watching football is complaining about football. Loud, obnoxious, sanctimonious complaining Hawks and Tigers fans take the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mines its these 2:

Geelong and Richmond

I wish they folded.

I wish you would fold your account, that's what I wish :)

Mouthing off after winning a flag or two is ok in my books. Completely normal for fans to get a big ego and suffer from some long term memory loss after winning a flag or two. Gloating is one of your rewards, enjoy it while you can. We'll all do the same.

Mouthing off when your club hasn't achieved anything recently (or double standards) sets me off.

Fans aside I hate clubs who actively cheat. Like finding ways around the salary cap, draft tampering, drugs, tribunal influence, etc, etc.

It's probably why my dislike for clubs changes over time depending on what dodgy business they're up to.

These kinda threads such.

I can't say I hate any other team. Although I hate it how good Geelong are and I hate the fact Melbourne seem to play so damn well against us.

There's opposition players I greatly admire. There's opposition champions I'm less enthused about (for various reasons). Hate is too strong a word.

There's always a degree of animosity towards big clubs with feral fans: Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton... Some irritation at the media bias towards them. But that isn't their fault. That's just the media business... These "big 4" clubs have bigger fanbases, so of course they're going to have greater numbers of annoying loudmouth flogs who jump on the bandwagon. Every club has their fair share of toolbag fans.

Great post.

Kudos to you mate, that's a hell of an evolution given your tribal posting in the past. Agree with all of it, and wish BF would get back to this mentality rather than devolving into petty sh*tfights so much, as it seems to lately.

I love what our rivalry gave us over the decade, and Easter Monday is still my favourite game to go to each year - regardless of position on the ladder. Last year you guys surprised us, and who knows, you might do it again. Always a coin toss when we play.

I think respect for success is something we as a footy community need to get better at. Instead of tearing others down because we haven't achieved/tearing others down when we've had success and someone has overtaken us, we need to accept our club's position within the footballing world and respect the best sides - and not make excuses for our club's just not being good enough. At one stage or another (bar the expansion sides), every AFL team has been the best side in our sport's history. Enjoy when our club's are up, and respect when others are up and we're surpassed. Makes dealing with the endless cycle of 'there always being someone better', a lot easier to deal with.

I mean, hell we've been contending for 16 years, but only in 6 of those were we a realistic chance. Richmond were better than us 2017-2020, Hawthorn better than us 2012-2015, and Melbourne, West Coast, Collingwood, Sydney, Bulldogs, Adelaide, Freo and St Kilda, better than us in their respective years - even when Freo, Adelaide, Collingwood, Sydney and St Kilda didn't win their flags.

It's nice to see poster's grow in their views, as it shows we can all do it and make this place better. I've definitely had my share of indiscretions and narrow views, but none of it is really worth it in the end. Thanks again for this wonderful and insightful post - it's made my day :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back