2 of your most hated teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you know the ones that get your blood boiling the ones that you hate so much you actually wnat to punch the supporters in the head each and every time.

For mines its these 2:

Geelong and Richmond

these 2 get my blood boiling at all times mind you.

I can handle every other team but these 2 i dispise the most.

I wish they folded.
Mission Accomlished.

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in finals: for so persecuted they the great teams which were before you."
— Matthew 5:11-12, (slightly) edited.

I don't hate them per say but Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon. Beating them always feels good.

This isn't a hate the club thing but I really wish that the dogs would go back to being the Footscray Bulldogs though. I hate the Western moniker.
Yep, that western crab buries its head deep, very resistent to modern medicament.

Apparently.

There is no reason to hate opposition teams. It's childish and unnecessary. I used to partake in this group hysteria, but I've let it all go and I feel better for it.

You can enjoy footy just as much without hating opposition teams. Some people convince themselves that it is a necessary part of being mad, passionate fan... But I think it just makes the game shitter to get caught up in petty jealousies and hatred of opponents.

There's opposition players I greatly admire. There's opposition champions I'm less enthused about (for various reasons). Hate is too strong a word.

There's the bitter club rivalries: e.g. Hawks vs Essendon & Hawks v Geelong... Also Hawks v Sydney (2010's), Carlton (80's) and North (70's)
But I enjoy these rivalries as a positive thing. I don't feel the need to lose my mind over it and demean the opposition.

There's always a degree of jealousy and tall poppy syndrome towards any club who enjoying a successful dynasty and playing with arrogance and self belief. But it's still no reason to hate. Just see it for what it is: they're too bloody good and their fans are enjoying themselves. I wish it was us...

There's always a degree of animosity towards big clubs with feral fans: Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton... Some irritation at the media bias towards them. But that isn't their fault. That's just the media business... These "big 4" clubs have bigger fanbases, so of course they're going to have greater numbers of annoying loudmouth flogs who jump on the bandwagon. Every club has their fair share of toolbag fans.

Really, we're all the same. We might wear different colours, but we all share the same idiotic, irrational, unhealthy obsession.

I mainly like to follow my team: cheer them on through thick and thin, curse the umpires and grimace at my team's skill errors and sloppy defence.

But I also like to watch opposition teams play each other because I love the game.
Pretty much this.
Rivalries only mean anything when the game is on. and maybe the day before and after. My football identity was formed in the 60s-70s, so my 'hated rival' is Carlton. So for two hours on a Saturday, once or twice a year - I hate Carlton. And straight after the game, I ring my brother-in-law, or he rings me, and one of us does the necessary gloating, while the other shouts 'Umpires! Injuries!' etc.

And that's about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back