Traded 2. Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

95yVID0.jpg

as BT would say, wowee.

Looked like he has had a big off season.
Not getting right down to explode for take off set him back and he never recovered.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looked like a child still in the GF sprint, disappointing 9th of 10 too.
hopefully soaking in the atmosphete of a GF might help spur him on a bit to improve his fitness skills and decsion making thus a great effort!

I'd said about 6 months ago that it was frustrating how much energy Dow was putting into developing his aerobic base for seemingly little reward, when what was stopping him from playing to his strengths was literally his size and strength. It seems his program has evolved now and he has gotten massive in a matter of months, which is what you'd expect from a fast twitch fibre dominant individual. I'm sure he still struggles to run out of sight on a dark night but at least he looks capable of making and breaking tackles at ease, fitting in with the Martin, Petracca mould. I'm really keen to get him in the 1s for the centre clearances now, coming in for Martin seems as good an option as any.

Paddy Dow is not massive. Big quads, and improvement in his upper body but nowhere near massive ffs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd said about 6 months ago that it was frustrating how much energy Dow was putting into developing his aerobic base for seemingly little reward, when what was stopping him from playing to his strengths was literally his size and strength. It seems his program has evolved now and he has gotten massive in a matter of months, which is what you'd expect from a fast twitch fibre dominant individual. I'm sure he still struggles to run out of sight on a dark night but at least he looks capable of making and breaking tackles at ease, fitting in with the Martin, Petracca mould. I'm really keen to get him in the 1s for the centre clearances now, coming in for Martin seems as good an option as any.
I saw it completely different C2K, when he was playing as a full time mid under Bolton he would regularly have very strong first quarters with 7-8 touches then go missing and struggle to get that many for the last three quarters.

I put a lot of that down to missing the end of his draft year and a chunk of the following pre-season with the shoulder reconstruction and then missing a big chunk of the following pre-season with injury as well.

if he could play closer to three quarters as well as he played the first quarters we’d have a bit of a contested ball beast on our hands.

He's an interesting one because for all his known flaws, he is capable of racking up clearances in a short space of time like few others we have can. Really hoping he can make it (with us).

I'm surprised at the flack Dow is copping for that moment where he thought Pittonet should pick up the ball and dish it off to him running toward goal. If any other player on the list was in Pittonet's shoes they would've picked it up and given it to Dow, the only reason it was a problem is that Pittonet is generally pretty useless. I can understand Dow seeing a navy blue jumper in front of him and thinking, "it's his ball, I'll receive the handball", and then looking up a little further and seeing that it's Pitto and then thinking, "Actually, I should go and get it myself."

He's an interesting one because for all his known flaws, he is capable of racking up clearances in a short space of time like few others we have can. Really hoping he can make it (with us).
Just needs opportunity. Similar to Parish at Essendon. Dow has star potential. Needs to work hard and he will be rewarded.

Dow has a good strength, very good at stoppages with that burst of speed. But that is it. Has zero outside game gets zero ball around the ground.

If he makes it, it depends if he can learn the link up game, learn to find space, spread from the contest. At the moment EVERY possession is contested at a stoppage.

Brayshaw (Freo) is a very similar player, good inside game, but he finds space and is always in the game. Dow needs to watch players like that and learn, actually we have one of the best Walsh learn from him, yes Walsh has a much better tank but Dow just needs to find another 10 easy link up possession and he is there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back