Autopsy 2 point loss to Giants. - Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim?
Have you been watching how absolutely pedestrian some the other sides are?
Wow.

Our great start to the season was largely propelled by our young players who were largely influential they will be inconsistent/tire as the season goes on tonights game was absolutely brutal.

All depends on Hickey fingers crossed.

These overreactions....

Always look at what went wrong in a loss, especially when you get steamrolled in the last quarter.

Some of my concerns with the backline were real since Round 1, its just we were winning so who cares?

Losses bring out all the angst that you can usually forget about when you win.

Assuming your first line is a joke.

Yeah, not a lot offensively from Mills in the mids, though he got through team high 9 tackles, so perhaps he was on someone.
Melican was a bit hesitant on some kicks and missed a few targets, but over all did ok. He'll be better for the run. And we need a tall back there.
On rationale I could see them dropping/resting Campbell and putting Mills back and Rowbottom in the middle. I think that was the team this week, we win.

We just didn't have much going for us in that last quarter at all. Early on in the quarter Warner was getting a hold of it, but other than that.
Looks like we ran out of puff - and then formation around the stoppage in the last. Then they used the kind of game we've been playing to beat us.

Good game from Bud and Hayward.
Hickey too.

Deserved the loss. They came over the top of us.

First line is serious. It's for next week, we travel and Bud is injured. Buddy out for long term not because he played badly. He was near BOG for us.

Mills is not a mid. Elite defender, we dont need to change that.

JPK got absolutely smashed, so what do we do? Bench Warner :drunk: Probably our most dangerous mid in the 4th

Our great start to the season was largely propelled by our young players who were largely influential they will be inconsistent/tire as the season goes on tonights game was absolutely brutal.

All depends on Hickey fingers crossed.
Or.
One team was hungrier.
Gws were putrid until last week
Its no shock their players had * all fatigue.

Just quietly I thought Campbell was moving well and competed well, so it didn't appear like he needs a rest. But I'm not sure right now we're gonna get the best out of him playing off HB. If we're gonna persist with that (which I'm not opposed to), doing it at VFL level might be easier. But I've really liked what I've seen from him, so if he stays in or not I really wouldn't object.

Someone will have to go for Rowbottom though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always look at what went wrong in a loss, especially when you get steamrolled in the last quarter.

Some of my concerns with the backline were real since Round 1, its just we were winning so who cares?

Losses bring out all the angst that you can usually forget about when you win.

Its more we were kicking over 100 points so mistakes in defence didnt really matter tonight it did.

Kennedy is in a weird spot now. He still has value in the middle, we saw that only last week and in round 2 i think he was good then as well.

But he can get exposed athletically and cant play another position. Still think he provides enough but one of all time champs is going to become a whipping boy in losses if he hasnt already.

He woukd be perfect for a red vest if the old sub system was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back